• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Players Speed issue

N

Nickdnz

In rugby 08 I have used Woosaah's editor to edit the stats of a few players, however some of the players stats which I raise eg Christian Cullen, seems to speed him up, however when he gets the ball, the opposition speeds up. I have also noticed that no matter what I make the agility on some players, they fail in side step and no matter the strength or special abuilities eg crash ball, they still can't pull of a hand off or a sholder charge. All of the following moves I can acheive very easily with star players, despite their stats not being as high as some of the other players I have edited. Does anyone know the problem or how to fix it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ May 11 2009, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In rugby 08 I have used Woosaah's editor to edit the stats of a few players, however some of the players stats which I raise eg Christian Cullen, seems to speed him up, however when he gets the ball, the opposition speeds up. I have also noticed that no matter what I make the agility on some players, they fail in side step and no matter the strength or special abuilities eg crash ball, they still can't pull of a hand off or a sholder charge. All of the following moves I can acheive very easily with star players, despite their stats not being as high as some of the other players I have edited. Does anyone know the problem or how to fix it?[/b]
I know what the problem is but I don't know how to fix it.

Each star player has its own file and within the coding there is elements which makes the player better at certain things (kicking, speed, tacklebreaking etc) and that means basically the stats of the skills that you can edit with Woosahs Editor are void and useless.

Possible solution is to just clone a star player somehow...i don't know because i am not the best at this kind of stuff.

Thanks, however the issue is not that star players are better, which I figured was a game defult, my issue was that when some players get the ball, the difficulty gets harder, it only happens with a few select players not all.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ May 12 2009, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks, however the issue is not that star players are better, which I figured was a game defult, my issue was that when some players get the ball, the difficulty gets harder, it only happens with a few select players not all.[/b]

Dude do you mean that as soon as your "new frankenstiened super athlete" gets the ball that all the apposing players around him also get a sudden speed boost?

I've noticed that too. Sometimes it's not even with very good players, just wingers that have got a bit of space! If I've earnt some space, I want to run in it dammit.

yeh i think its just the game cheating because somehow in my game os du randt managed to cover 20 metres to tackle doug howlett at full pace. ???

Latest posts