• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Problems.

Blackie252

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Right guys im looking for a bit of help and Google is failing me. I have Rugby 08 which i purchased online from EA. I have previously Installed it on 2 computers 1 being windows Vista and the othe Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I had no problems installing and playing on either system.

However I have just tried to install it on my new Alienware Laptop Running Windows 7 Home premium 64 Bit. I have no trouble installing it but when i launch the game, the splash screen comes up saying Rugby 08 and then instantly crashes. No amount of changing compatability settings has affected this.

If anyone knows of a work around or fix it would be much appriciated.

This worked for me today

Once the game has started, open up Task Manager, Shift + control + delete ;) (if the game will allow), and scroll down to your games executable (rugby08.exe as far as I can tell). Right click on the process, and click on Set Affinity. Clear one of the <acronym ***le="Central Processing Unit">CPU</acronym> checkboxes, press OK, and then return to the game.

If this works, then this will be your workaround for playing the game. Since XP was created back in 2001 when multiple core processors were very much in it's infancy, it was never developed until Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Lemme know that goes

Latest posts