Rugby 09 wishlist

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by fiji rugger, Feb 13, 2008.

1. fiji rugger

fiji rugger Guest

If EA Sports does decide to kick out Rugby 09 (and we all pray they do), what are some things you wish they would include in the game?

here's a short list to start it off:
    1. more realistic player apperances
    2. ability to change player info, equipment and attributes
    3. more realistic ruck and maul dynamics
    4. faster menus and saving, loading games
    5. difficulty level be raised. its too easy to beat the computer
    6. include the sevens series and players

any more?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Radman

Radman Guest

Good lag free online play is a must for most of us.

4. Moved to appropriate forum.

5. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

Squads as up to date as psoobile.

6. Nidhogg

Nidhogg Guest

My main wish is that EA doesn't produce Rugby 08, but that it moves to Konami. That would solve a lot of problems I think...

7. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

The Magners League and giving players their proper names wouldn't be too bad either.

8. There are some really good ideas in rugby league 2 which could be implemented. For example:
    * when attempting to score a try near the corner, the player will do a special dive to try get the ball down in time.
    * holding up of players over the try line (rugby league 2 is too unrealistic though. a system could be implemented where you have to press specific buttons at exactly the right time to have a chance of holding up the other player)
    * video referee

9. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

More importantly they need to get the rules of the game right.

I don't understand how they get the rules right in one game, then make them wrong in the 'updated' version.

10. hisokagray

hisokagray Guest

One small thing, which didn't happen in 06 but seems to happen now is the advantage dissapearing when you try for a drop goal, 06 used to let you try and if you failed you went back for the advatage.

I wouldn't mind an option to turn off certain rules to experiment like the current Super 14 ELVS.

11. EA must have been watching Wayne Barne's horrible refereeing in the RWC semi final.

12. candybum

candybum Guest

EA must have been watching Wayne Barne's horrible refereeing in the RWC semi final. [/b][/quote]

haha nice one lol

13. Hieu

Hieu Guest

I don't think there will be a Rugby 09, it'll probably be more likely to be Rugby 2010

14. jamtheman

jamtheman Guest

I would like the Lineout system from Rugby 04. You could choose lots of different options, could have your blindside flankers and number 8's lifted at different places in the lineouts etc etc

15. Charles

Charles Guest

One thing that really needs fixing: when you play with 2 players on the same side, it's impossible to make a pass to the other selected player. For whatever reason it will always (almost) be a knock-on or a pass to nobody. That means you can't run inside lines etc...

Also, please do something for the breakdown. Sometimes you tackle a player and have plenty of support but just can't make the turnover.

16. tomsi_wyn

tomsi_wyn Guest

Sort out the shoddy gameplay, implement the right rules, and get the bleedin rosters right!! Oh and more controller support for pc version e.g. ability to change button functions would be a plus.

17. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

So far we have:
    1. more realistic player appearances
    2. ability to change player info, equipment and attributes
    3. more realistic ruck and maul dynamics
    4. faster menus and saving, loading games
    5. difficulty level be raised. its too easy to beat the computer
    6. include the sevens series and players
    7. Free Online Play
    8. Include the Magners League and Top 14
    9. Squads up to date as possible, proper names (eg. Fifa)
    10. Different dive when trying to score in corner
    11. Holding up of players over the try line
    12. Get the rules right
    13. Keep advantage when going for drop goal or being tackled into touch.
    14. More line out options
    15. Be able to pass to Player 2 in multi player
    16. Sort out Breakdown

How many of these changes do you realisticaly think we could see in Rugby 09/2010?

18. peppers07

peppers07 Guest

They need to
    Make the players stats realistic (one example is in rugby 08 Horgan ran like he was severely obese) i had to drop him
    Get the rules right
    Make the forward play more realistic
    Make it so you can have more advanced tactics
    Take out the dum glitches.
    Make the back line moves easier to do (its so anoying when you do what you thought was a brilliant ofload but goes the wrong way or something)

19. jeffb

jeffb Guest

A bloody editor to change team names and team kits or a kit designer.

Jeff

20. Hieu

Hieu Guest

Spot on there, i'd also like to see of the return of the line-out control from previous series. Something that would be fun is something like "Be a Pro" like in FIFA. Online, we could have a room of 30 people and with each person controlling a player, it could be fun...or completely disasterous. Maybe we could have like Kooga, Nike Boots etc. to make it more realistic.

21. peppers07

peppers07 Guest

Spot on there, i'd also like to see of the return of the line-out control from previous series. Something that would be fun is something like "Be a Pro" like in FIFA. Online, we could have a room of 30 people and with each person controlling a player, it could be fun...or completely disasterous. Maybe we could have like Kooga, Nike Boots etc. to make it more realistic.
    [/b][/quote]

That id idea with every one controling a player might be good if it was done well one thing that could help with that would be make it first person

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!