• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 09?

What reason do they actually have to not make Rugby 09? Every edition has been relatively successful has it not. They have a huge potential market in Europe if they do the research.. ie licensed French, Italian, Celtic, English leagues.. Heineken Cup, etc.

there will be a 2010 probably .. they're lazy and sure 08 was crap.. they put little or no work into it.. a really amazing rugby game can be made if they bother to make it

EA used to release their rugby games around March and April, they only released rugby 08 in mid summer so they could do it just before the rugby world cup in order to to get good sales, consequently as the game did not have many stars of the world cup let alone the fact that the roster was out of date as it was before the world cup. you might find that EA release rugby 09 around Marc/April like they used to do. if that doesn't happen then a ea rugby game might come out in mid summer 2009. i have no idea. but i would rather see them make a rugby game in the mid summer because ea rush their rugby games and we havent heard yet of any sort of new ea rugby game and march is coming up soon. the omens arent good :lol2tn: i just wish ea made their rugby games as good as fifa games. but money controls our lives these days. and more money comes from the fifa games than the rugby games. are there any other companies apart from Swordfish Studios who make rugby games?

I swore if I won the lottery about a month ago, which was going for about $30million, i would put half of that towards a rugby game and then name it after me haha.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 1 2008, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What reason do they actually have to not make Rugby 09? Every edition has been relatively successful has it not. They have a huge potential market in Europe if they do the research.. ie licensed French, Italian, Celtic, English leagues.. Heineken Cup, etc.[/b]

all i can say is that its EA

I'm fairly sure the next rugby game will come out for the 2011 world cup in NewZealand, and any future games will be based on the world cup - I think EA have dropped the idea of annual games, otherwise we would have had an 07 and 09 game.

I've lost all hope of ever getting a really decent rugby game, and I've been playing them since the early ninties! I think the first rugby game I played was called world class rugby for the sega megadrive.

Its such a low priority for EA sports. They'll keep making poor imitations of the game that suit a mass market, using the world cup as the marketing tool. If rugby was a more popular sport, and there were other developers making rugby games to add some competition, we might have a chance of a decent game. Until that happens, I think expectations should be kept to a minimum.

surely they can use the Lions Tour as a way to get sales? Rugby is a popular sport imo, just not as big in the US or Canada. Which probably why it is not a priority

Would be stupid for EA to ignore the marketing opportunity that is the Lions Tour, as it is probably the second biggest date on the Rugby Calendar. I mean the reason they didn't put the Lions into 08 might have been because they wanted to fully market it for 09/10.
So if iti does come out this year, it will probably be in the Summer, just before the Lions Tour.

Rugby 2005 was released in March, maybe some hope for same thing to happen 4 years later?

There are no plans for Rugby 2009. If one comes out in March, I will eat my desk. If one comes out at all this year I'll be stunned.

No noise for one coming out as there would be as it would have to be NEXT GEN.

If they were to bring another piece of crap on that framed challenged Ps2 I would never buy it...hire it just to see if miracles happen...but never buy it.

If they were to bring out one on the original Xbox I would buy it...because I am happy with the graphics and framerate.

So it looks like we may be waiting for a very long time...programming for the next gen machines is not an easy thing to do.

BTW diego...06 and 08 have been released since Rugby 05.

Let them rather take the time to bring out a good game in 2010 than give us something similar to 08 this year

Rugby X
Lions Tour Edition

Take part in a gruelling campaign where you select a squad of South Africans to do battle with the mighty Lions, a team with mainly hasbeens and wannabes with a huge rating of 99 (10 above the All Blacks). Each week will playout like a real week in real time where you decide your Match XV based on who your rivals will be playing. From the Central Hub you will be able to see all the action from the Tour, including results of your past two games. Included in Rugby X: Lions Tour are 10 difficult challenges, which will test your hacking skills as you try and find a way to make each challenge fully playable, and completable.

New Features
* The Lions Come to South Africa - Bigger and Better than Ever!
* 10 Completely New, Incompletable Challenges - Feel the Rage Build Up!
* Up to date Rosters, from the Year 2004
* Complete Removal of all Tournaments, except for the Lions Tour of South Africa - Buy the expansions!

This is what I'm expecting... <_<

All teams have the same kit. They didn't have space for individual kits, it took lots and lots of data to ensure the Lions got a rating of 99, as the computer needed lots of convincing.

i garauntee the 1st ever Next Gen rugby game will be soo poor, it will play worse than rugby2008 on ps2, but look marginally better
i am tipping a rugby2004 like experience in the turn of the console generations - yes i said it
RUGBY 2004
RUGBY 2004
RUGBY 2004
RUGBY 2004
RUGBY 2004
Its going to come back and haunt us all - they need room to improve, and will start from the bottom, just like 2004

Latest posts