• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 20 the thread

die_mole

International
TRF Legend
I got to play three games last night (was able to play when it hit the 23rd uk time, and they say time is real). Already feel safe I haven't wasted 60 bucks on it. Thursdays are hell for me class and work wise so I won't be playing more tonight and I won't have a more in depth post until the weekend.

there are things that aren't perfect, offside on kicks I believe to be nonexistent. Advantage is played the best of any rugby game since rugby 08. You are rewarded for playing phases and it's not just a game of getting wide as possible as quick as possible.

the game is very forward dominant. Players stick to position well and the set plays for backs are hard to execute. The game is really about using forwards to eat space, getting quick ball, and eventually having an overlap with your backs. It's essentially rugby 08 without a box kick for try everytime exploit (that I have found yet) with better physics.

france, Ireland, and wales are the only worthwhile international teams with licenses.

Are clubs licensed?

I did consider it until I saw the price tag...

Did notice it's £10 off on PS+, but even then it's still £40 and I've been burned way too many times before by rugby games

Top 14, pro d2, premiership, and pro 14 are all fully licensed.

I just have time for quick games now adays so I haven't checked out the other modes yet.

compared to the $8 I spent on rugby 18, this is a real solid purchase.

the scrum mini game is stupid, but you can have set plays involving your 8 man which is real cool

The pc version has the RSA,NZ,Eng,Aus,Arg and fiji real kits and logos hidden in the teams_dev folder then you can just replace the fake kits with those files and have the licensed logos

I also found the currie cup and super rugby and world cup real logos in the devs contest folder and under players_dev i found some of the real Springbok players names with face photos

I wonder if we can activate them in game somehow since they are in the games folders

Is the PS4 version of this any good? I haven't played a Rugby game for a long time.

I was going to ask is it worth £40? But it seems that it's £28 on steam at the moment, so I'm going to take a punt on it. I'm slightly worried I'll just end up going back to rugby 08 though.

Im playing on ps4. It feels very rugby 08ish but with better physics and updated rosters.

control scheme id say is a slight downgrade but line outs are much improved.

I'm not playing if there isn't a career mode where I can sign leinster's most promising young talent

Huge upgrade from rugby18 .. not near perfect but it feels as if the devs is heading into the right direction.

I don't really like scrum mini games I likes how 08 did the scrums. But that might just be me not game breaking at all.

The pc version has the RSA,NZ,Eng,Aus,Arg and fiji real kits and logos hidden in the teams_dev folder then you can just replace the fake kits with those files and have the licensed logos

I also found the currie cup and super rugby and world cup real logos in the devs contest folder and under players_dev i found some of the real Springbok players names with face photos

I wonder if we can activate them in game somehow since they are in the games folders
Any hope to customize Ps4 version too (like Pes modding patches)?
Any guy can do it?

No career mode, no half chubbed chode. I'm also out.
I'll also be sending the devs threatening messages as I always do when a game dissapoints me. It's not personal baby just business

Career modes have been going out of style for awhile now. Ultimate team is where it's at. Get people to spend $500 on a game is better business than getting them to spend $60 for just a career mode.

Edit: career modes are also harder to build than ultimate team modes. The shift away from career modes has turned me away from sports video games.

Career modes have been going out of style for awhile now. Ultimate team is where it's at. Get people to spend $500 on a game is better business than getting them to spend $60 for just a career mode.

Edit: career modes are also harder to build than ultimate team modes. The shift away from career modes has turned me away from sports video games.
Well with a game whose online player base will probably drop into single figures by the time I finish writing this post they probably should have gone down the stronger offline route. Personally I can't be bothered with the Ultimate Teams on madden or FIFA so maybe my view is colored. I'm always a career mode man

Latest posts