• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005 on Gamer TV 17/02/05

C

cavan

Guest
lads i was watching Gamer TV on Bravo this morning. Don't know if you guys have seen this show before, it could have been a repeat. Anyways they showed lots of game footage
Lions vs NZ
Eng vs Ire
SA vs Aus

From what i could tell the following positions on the lions roster belong to:
2. Thompson
4. O'Kelly
6. Charvis
9. Stringer
10. Wilkinson
12. Tindall
13. BOD
14. Robinson

Showed a lot of Lions vs NZ footage included the haka, JW goal kicking (animation is perfect), Robinson burning the whole NZ backline on an arc to score in the corner

Shane Byrne in a pushing match with Will Greenwood at Lansdowne Road, ROG scores a try after D'Arcy breaks through and draws the fullback. John the Bull Hayes and Malcolm O Kelly celebrating! Lansdowne Road looks class btw as does Dunedin.

Also showed some lineout and scrummaging featuring SA and Aus.

Pretty nice footage, from an early build (it had binary info in the top left hand corner of the screen).
Dunno if you'd seen this before, just thought i'd mentoin it.
 
J

jimmy44

Guest
Originally posted by cavan@Feb 18 2005, 12:35 AM
lads i was watching Gamer TV on Bravo this morning. Don't know if you guys have seen this show before, it could have been a repeat. Anyways they showed lots of game footage
Lions vs NZ
Eng vs Ire
SA vs Aus

From what i could tell the following positions on the lions roster belong to:
2. Thompson
4. O'Kelly
6. Charvis
9. Stringer
10. Wilkinson
12. Tindall
13. BOD
14. Robinson

Showed a lot of Lions vs NZ footage included the haka, JW goal kicking (animation is perfect), Robinson burning the whole NZ backline on an arc to score in the corner

Shane Byrne in a pushing match with Will Greenwood at Lansdowne Road, ROG scores a try after D'Arcy breaks through and draws the fullback. John the Bull Hayes and Malcolm O Kelly celebrating! Lansdowne Road looks class btw as does Dunedin.

Also showed some lineout and scrummaging featuring SA and Aus.

Pretty nice footage, from an early build (it had binary info in the top left hand corner of the screen).
Dunno if you'd seen this before, just thought i'd mentoin it.
wow sounds great - was it side view or classic view?
 
C

cavan

Guest
i'm not 100% but in scene where the two teams ran out onto the pitch there were two black guys in Lions coolours. One had was Robinson so i presumed the other was Charvis.
 
M

Muse_Cubed

Guest
Could be Mark Gabey
 
W

woodie

Guest
Just seen it.

I had a look on Bravo and Sky+'ed the Gamer TV at 5pm - and luckily enough it was the aforementioned one
A few things I picked up
-Graphics look great - infinetely better than they appear in the videos posted on here
-kits look really good
-(although this is an early version) player movements and animations not looking good - like in other videos.
 
C

captainamerica

Guest
Originally posted by woodie@Feb 18 2005, 05:49 AM
-kits look really good
WRONG!

I know it's an early build, but even on HB's website, their Lions are wearing the wrong socks.

Pedantic? Horse-hockey!

They've got the rights to the Lions -- wtf? I thought, hey maybe they've changed the socks from the traditional kit that has been worn for ages, but no, on the official Lions site, you can buy their replica stuff and the socks, as always, are Blue with Green tops.

How HB have them with Red tops is mind boggling. Bar the crest, they have effectively gotten rid of the Irish contribution to the kit.

Never forget:


Shock Horror:
 
C

captainamerica

Guest
Locks, I gotta ask, have you played with/against the Lions and are their socks correct?

I just . . . I just gotta know . . .
 
R

raziel_eire

Guest
I doubt they will have corrected it capt.

... its unfortunate that they've made a schollboy error such as this, but it should not spell doom for the game... as long as the alternate lions top is the green version it should be alright - if its not then I'll be slightly peeved, considering the Irish should make up a substantial percentage of the team/squad going this time around, it's a little ignorant to disregard our contribution to the team with a representative colour.

I had emailed HB early in January (around the 8th/9th) to see if they could recolour the socks, but received no response - take from that what you will, but I'm not hopeful
 
C

captainamerica

Guest
Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 18 2005, 08:49 AM
I doubt they will have corrected it capt.

... its unfortunate that they've made a schollboy error such as this, but it should not spell doom for the game... as long as the alternate lions top is the green version it should be alright - if its not then I'll be slightly peeved, considering the Irish should make up a substantial percentage of the team/squad going this time around, it's a little ignorant to disregard our contribution to the team with a representative colour.

I had emailed HB early in January (around the 8th/9th) to see if they could recolour the socks, but received no response - take from that what you will, but I'm not hopeful
Doh! I just emailed them myself about the same thing. Yeah, I'd picked up on it earlier as well but thought, 'Surely it'll be changed,' but after seeing the GameTV footage that was just shown, my eyes rolled back when I saw the Lions in all their technicolor glory but with the same bad socks.

It just might have been one of the only things they got right in 2004!
 
S

Saint N Sinner

Guest
What other games was featured on this so I can watch out for it so I now if it is the right episode?
 
C

captainamerica

Guest
Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Feb 18 2005, 09:18 AM
What other games was featured on this so I can watch out for it so I now if it is the right episode?
I have no idea because I haven't seen the episode, but I take it you've tried the other thread that jimmy44 put up because there is a website where you can view the footage shown (it's the same stuff according to Cavan)

Go to:

www.xtra.co.nz

Click on Broadband on the left column

Then click on Games at the top

Then you'll see Preview: Rugby 2005
 
S

Saint N Sinner

Guest
Thank for that. i will have to watch out for it on the telly tho. as the picture quality will be far better.
 
W

woodie

Guest
Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Feb 17 2005, 09:32 PM
Thank for that. i will have to watch out for it on the telly tho. as the picture quality will be far better.
Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory
Half Life 2
Project Zero 2
Shadow of Rome
is what they mention in opening credits - i only watched rugby 2005 bit which is right at the end.
Here's a phone picture of one of the aforementioned impressive looking kits. (maybe not so impressive now!)
 
C

captainamerica

Guest
Originally posted by woodie@Feb 18 2005, 09:56 AM
Here's a phone picture of one of the aforementioned impressive looking kits. (maybe not so impressive now!)
Ha! No, you were right, the kits do look pretty impressive, even the Euro ones without the proper licences etc -- they've done a good job.

It's just that little Lions sock that ****** me off.

I guess I can't complain too hard that the Barbarians aren't wearing their club socks but . . .

I'll leave it. It's all looking pretty good.
 
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

Guest
for the kiwis this show comes on prime on saturday afternoon about 4oclock i think...ill be watching tomorrow...if its the rite show
 
C

cavan

Guest
remember that footage is from a very very early build, so they could have changed the socks by now..
 
K

kinkon89

Guest
far u ppl gettin rugby 2005 in the media.?

cos here in australia i havent seen jack bout this game!
 
C

cavan

Guest
nice screen grab there woodie. The old south terrace schoolboy section there in the background. Have fond memories of the place...
Pelting complimentary bottles of powerade at the Irish team mascot during the Scottish game 2002
Maggs' try against the All Blacks 2001
Wood's try against England
Gary Breen (legend) hitting the net on two occasions for the ROI.
Ah nostalgia...
 

Primary

The Rugby Forum Assistant
Here are some related products that The Rugby Forum members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to The Rugby Forum’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to The Rugby Forum discussions about these products.

 
 
Top