• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2007 cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys kill me...

Allow me to play Devil's Advocate for a sec...

Flash: I do think that Knows has in the past (along with Locks) provided us with definitive quality information, much more than we were ever to find on the official sites (ea, codies etc.), and thus I wouldn't question whether his statements are borne out of fact or not.

That said though Knows, I do find it a bit rich that you remain silent when asked for your sources, but shoot down Bluebulls as he couldn't reveal much of his own. I don't doubt for a second that what you say is legit, I just think it's very much a case of you calling the kettle black, while you're caked in tar.

These folks are desperate to know what's happening with '07, and to come out and state categorically that it won't, but without giving the reasons why - expect a mutiny.

why can't we all just get along...

Man thats gonna suck if 2007 is really cancelled. Bloody hell. 2008 better be worth the damn wait!

Well, this is going to sound really "EAUK Forum" Optimistic, but maybe, just maybe they are waiting to have all the correct teams in place for the World Cup. Remember there are two more teams to be decided on through Repechage. That being said they could simply just make it a random sort of thing with a qualification process and all 90 something teams involved.

Well, this is going to sound really "EAUK Forum" Optimistic, but maybe, just maybe they are waiting to have all the correct teams in place for the World Cup. Remember there are two more teams to be decided on through Repechage. That being said they could simply just make it a random sort of thing with a qualification process and all 90 something teams involved.
[/b]

I hope your right.

<div class='quotemain'>
Well maybe Locks and myself should take a leaf out of Blue Bulls book and vanish never to return ? Our sources are private but we have consistently backed ourselves up with screens, videos, information proven to be correct on general release etc.

What more do we have to provide ?

We dont post on here as often as the majority, but we keep an eye out and generally become more active as there is information to pass on to you guys as has proven in this case.

Would you rather we kept it quiet ?

Hey look on the bright side, maybe one day we will be wrong ? :D[/b]

What? A threat? Why are you so threatened by the very questions that you have asked another?

I am as happy as anyone with yours and Locksleys contributions to this forum. Can I not disagree on how we treat people on this forum?

I sincerely apologise if I offended you asking for your source.

How have you come to the conclusion that you have been asked to vanish never to return? Well, I can't stop you, I hope you stay around. Of course feel free to be rude to whomever you want though.
[/b]

How exactly am I threatening anyone and how could I possibly do that ? With what exactly ? I also dont understand how you can compare me with Blue Bulls ?

I questioned someone who came onto the forum telling us about a game that has nothing to show for itself, no website, no team members we would have heard of, no company, nothing.

My sources are irrelevant in the scheme of things as myself and Lox have constantly come up with inside information before any other sources on the web.

I am entitled to shoot the guy out of the water if I so desire as he cant back himself up in any way.
[/b][/quote]

I love this line

"I am entitled to shoot the guy out of the water if I so desire as he cant back himself up in any way."

You're not entitled to ****. You shot blue bulls down, and ****** him off, i'll be suprised if he comes back. Nice Work, Nice Work. Greed. Im glad to see you have the interest in the forum in your sights, you nagged the **** outa this guy so he wouldnt steal your thunder. OKAY he doesnt produce a game, big f***ing deal, at least he tried to make a completley FREE game for us, to our requests, at least he tried.

latest from hb stuidos "The Hive is buzzing as UEFA Champions Leagueâ"¢ 2006-2007 is in final testing and 3 other projects are in full swing."

Wonder what the other 3 are.. i would be willing to bet Fifa Street, Madden, and Rugby

alright ive been doing more research today and i have came across this on the ea forums site

"Also like to ask will there be a qualification mode for the Rugby 2007 world cup?

We have not included a qualification mode for our World Championship in Rugby 06. Eligible teams are made up of the best teams in the world. A qualification mode is just one of the many features we are looking in the future as we lead up to the 2007 Rugby World Cup. "

"We are looking in the future as we lead up to the 2007 World Cup"

That leads me to believe that it will be in the run up to the world cup.

alright ive been doing more research today and i have came across this on the ea forums site

"Also like to ask will there be a qualification mode for the Rugby 2007 world cup?

We have not included a qualification mode for our World Championship in Rugby 06. Eligible teams are made up of the best teams in the world. A qualification mode is just one of the many features we are looking in the future as we lead up to the 2007 Rugby World Cup. "

[/b]

When was this comment made? I expect it was before the 'cancellation' stories started coming out. We know EA/HB did plan to make rugby 2007, but according to Lox this has recently been withdrawn.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

When was this comment made? I expect it was before the 'cancellation' stories started coming out. We know EA/HB did plan to make rugby 2007, but according to Lox this has recently been withdrawn.
[/b][/quote]

Yea it was way before, like when rugby 06 first came out.

but nevertheless the fact that there stated therell be looking at it closer to the rwc 2007 suggests that they may have always planned to release it around the rwv time, hence the reason weve had no news!

When you really think about it EA isn't really a games company - they are more of a marketing company. They can produce crappy games and then ensure that they sell by using all of the marketing tools and techniques at their disposal.

Therefore why would you release a rugby at this time of year when there isn't much rugby activity or interest happening in the world (especially in the USA and Japan which are traditional big games markets).

In a rugby world cup year it would seem foolish to release the game ten months prior to the world cup starting. The interest in rugby that the world cup will generate will ensure that EA's game will sell a lot more units.

If I worked for EA and Rugby '07 was ready to ship right now I would most likely place it on ice until just before christmas (maybe a late November or early December release) and use the free marketing and advertising that the RWC generates.

This would give EA more time to develop the game.

I think that it makes sense that the earliest possible date of a release of Rugby '07 (or Rugby World Cup or whatver they call it) will be during or after the World Cup.

When you really think about it EA isn't really a games company - they are more of a marketing company. They can produce crappy games and then ensure that they sell by using all of the marketing tools and techniques at their disposal.

Therefore why would you release a rugby at this time of year when there isn't much rugby activity or interest happening in the world (especially in the USA and Japan which are traditional big games markets).

In a rugby world cup year it would seem foolish to release the game ten months prior to the world cup starting. The interest in rugby that the world cup will generate will ensure that EA's game will sell a lot more units.

If I worked for EA and Rugby '07 was ready to ship right now I would most likely place it on ice until just before christmas (maybe a late November or early December release) and use the free marketing and advertising that the RWC generates.

This would give EA more time to develop the game.

I think that it makes sense that the earliest possible date of a release of Rugby '07 (or Rugby World Cup or whatver they call it) will be during or after the World Cup.
[/b]

I agree with your view however I disagree that if the game comes out it wouldn't be during or after the RWC I firmly beleive a August-October release date. I predicted that Rugby 06 would come out when it did andI beleive that August - October for our beleoved Rugby 07

I think they will be doing an all new design and using a new game engine style of play, so i think that the game will be out in time for the WC 07?

Stop hoping guys. A certain member of the thought-police will be along soon to remind us that this game is supposed to be cancelled.

Its been canned

I have been around long enough to know who to believe....

So have I AK. I do believe Knowsley. I think it's been canned. Have as soon as he said it.
All I've said since is that he shouldn't stomp on Blue Bulls for daydreaming (or whatever it is he's doin) about making a game.

He apparently has "the right to blow people out of the water" over things like that.

As far as I'm concerned these others have the right to desperately hope that Knowsleys wrong. Maybe they don't have that right?

So have I AK. I do believe Knowsley. I think it's been canned. Have as soon as he said it.
All I've said since is that he shouldn't stomp on Blue Bulls for daydreaming (or whatever it is he's doin) about making a game.

He apparently has "the right to blow people out of the water" over things like that.

As far as I'm concerned these others have the right to desperately hope that Knowsleys wrong. Maybe they don't have that right?
[/b]

everyone has the right to believe anything

knowsley has the right to express his opinion and concerns

IMO if Bluebulls is legitametly serious he wont let an individual sway him from posting....if BlueBulls seriously wants ideas and feedback of a niche video game - he should take it all in like a sponge and not let even Gates or Branson (let alone Knows) sway him from the main focus.

If I am serious about a petition (any random petition)............nothing would stop me, from getting good numbers............if I get 10 'no' for every 1 'yes'..........i'll keep trucking...its called committment

Ticker and committment is on the cards.........if BlueBulls has the goods......nobody should step in his way.....regardless

We can all express our doubts...........but can Bluebulls palm it off like an English Winger, and steam over the line like Bannes (sp?), and score that bonus point try........well lace up and warm up BlueBulls.....the defense waits...........let the match begin!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts