Leeds v Worcester 2010

And the past finals
Leicester v Wasps 2005
Leicester v Sale 2006
Leicester v Gloucester 2007
Leicester v Wasps 2008
Leicester v Irish 2009
Leicester v Saracens 2010

the only problem is rating those players as lets face it they will be less fit, not as strong and most not as fast or as trained as current players so would be no contest between say england 90 and the all blacks or springboks of today

IMO the classic teams would have far greater skill ability and experience stat if there was one!

the only problem is rating those players as lets face it they will be less fit, not as strong and most not as fast or as trained as current players so would be no contest between say england 90 and the all blacks or springboks of today

I agree, but then most of the older players were more skillful, especially cause they worked and played, not just trained all day everyday.

The "Legends" or players from these classic matches ratings should be relative. if they were the bast in the world at that time eg. If Carter, McCaw and DuPreez are all in the 90's then Colin Meads, Jonah Lomu, Sean Fitzpatrick etc... should be in the 90's also.

This game mode would be pointless without the actual players and the old uniforms.
I think i would much prefer just to have a 'Best of all time' 1st XV from some of the major countries instead.

I think Aus Vs Nz test in Sydney 2000.

Australia losing 21-0 after 5 min come back and lose 34-39 in injury time. I know we still lost, but prbly one of the best games of rugby.

I think Aus Vs Nz test in Sydney 2000.

Australia losing 21-0 after 5 min come back and lose 34-39 in injury time. I know we still lost, but prbly one of the best games of rugby.

Yeah, that was an insane game. Probably the best Bledisloe game ever. But the other match from that year wasn't too bad either, where John Eales slotted that penalty to give the Aussies a 24-23 victory.

Hardly qualifies in the roller coaster stakes though, does it?

But is was more then just the game it was the whole build up and just i duno it is just one of those classic matches that will never be forgotten.

Hardly qualifies in the roller coaster stakes though, does it?

the whole history of the match the english returned to croke park
its one of the proudest days in irish rugby look at the anthems look at the emotion

you could play as the irish and try andmatch the score ( which if the ai in good should be hard)
or play as the english and try and defeat one of the most fired up teams in rugby history

to me its a classicmatch as it will be remembered for years

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough, it was massive for the Irish that day (though not at all for rugby reasons).

A 1 sided match like that is hardly what you'd call a classic for an exciting, edge of your seat finish though. Hardly the 1999 ABs v France Sami final, or even the 08 Wales v Ireland match in terms of nailbiting finish. Those are what they'll be after, not 1 sided matches which would actually be quite dull to to neutral with no emotion in it.

I wouldn't have it. The French game the week earlier was far more dramatic if you want to put an Irish game in from that season. Anyway, games I'd put in off the top of my head:

France vs New Zealand 99'
B&I Lions vs South Africa - Second test 09'
Australia vs New Zealand 00' [I think]
France vs Wales - 05'
Fiji vs Wales - 07'
New Zealand vs England - 02'

Fair enough, it was massive for the Irish that day (though not at all for rugby reasons).

A 1 sided match like that is hardly what you'd call a classic for an exciting, edge of your seat finish though. Hardly the 1999 ABs v France Sami final, or even the 08 Wales v Ireland match in terms of nailbiting finish. Those are what they'll be after, not 1 sided matches which would actually be quite dull to to neutral with no emotion in it.

spose your right there
i wouldnt have the 2009 ireland wales game as a classic though

Latest posts