• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 Director of Rugby mode.

Will Simpson

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Leeds
Rugby 2012 should use FIFA and Rugby Leage 3 manager/franchise mode as a template!
On Rugby 08 the carear/manager mode was terrible, we need a brand new setup for rugby mangerial mode.
WHAT HB NEED TO DO.
i think the good points about FIFA 10 manager mode are that you can start with a low league team and make them a premiership side.
And the thing i like about Rugby League 3 franchise mode is player contracts and the way to sign players.

So to summerise we need a Director of Rugby mode that lets you play as a CHAMPIONSHIP OR PREMIERSHIP side. To be able to work with contracts easily and with good negotiations. Be able to buy out player contracts to sign them for your team. And we need easily navigateable menus!!!

Anyone with any other ideas about this subject? :D

Rugby 2012 should use FIFA and Rugby Leage 3 manager/franchise mode as a template!
On Rugby 08 the carear/manager mode was terrible, we need a brand new setup for rugby mangerial mode.
WHAT HB NEED TO DO.
i think the good points about FIFA 10 manager mode are that you can start with a low league team and make them a premiership side.
And the thing i like about Rugby League 3 franchise mode is player contracts and the way to sign players.

So to summerise we need a Director of Rugby mode that lets you play as a CHAMPIONSHIP OR PREMIERSHIP side. To be able to work with contracts easily and with good negotiations. Be able to buy out player contracts to sign them for your team. And we need easily navigateable menus!!!

Anyone with any other ideas about this subject? :D

Great post, I did however enjoy the league mode used in Rugby 06 and 08. There is so much room for improvement now that you have the PS3 engine. I would like to see HB Studios give us the opportunity to build your team, buy players etc. Work your way to the top. Once you have won the main league with the team you have been nurturing and developing you should be able to save and use the team for online matches. This will ensure fair online contests.

Yes definatly. I would especially like to be able make your own league as a new game feature eg. Drop Leeds Carnegie into the Championship and then bounce them back up next season (like the real world) ps im a Leeds fan so im aloud to make that joke!

You may have noticed i have mentioned the championship alot in these posts. Because we NEED 2 divisions for the English leagues on this game because it adds a new dimension to the game.

When you start the league you must be given a sum of money to buy players. Every player must have a price according to their position and ranking! You must not be given the same players everytime you start the league. It is up to you then to purchase players with the initial funds available at the start of the game. depending on performance you should attract sponsors, TV licences etc for kit, expanding home stadium etc so that you can bring in more money to strenghten the club.

I love the tv licence and kit sponser idea. PLUS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A DESIGN A STADIUM FEATURE! THAT HAS GOTTA GO INTO THE GAME!

I love the tv licence and kit sponser idea. PLUS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A DESIGN A STADIUM FEATURE! THAT HAS GOTTA GO INTO THE GAME!

I agree, if HB Studios are clever they could use real sponsors, the income from these sponsors can be used to buy team and player licences etc. Therefore it will not be dependant on game sales to recoup money spent on development!

Well all leagues would be good inc Magners, Super 15, French Top 16,GUINNESS PREMIERSHIP AND THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

it will be awesome if you have a manager mode like fifa for example , you start with The Bulls , take them through super 15 , then currie cup and then have the option to take the national side through seasons and every 4 years play the world cup? To have an injury system based on fifa 10 will be great aswell

What i think would make it last longer as well is if you fail to meet the goals that you have set in manager mode then insted of the game finishing, you get fired from that club and only get a few job offers from teams in lower leagues so you don't just start all over again.

It would be wasted time and effort. There is no need for a championship, as it is hard enough to even get S14, Top 14, Mangers League and Guiness Premiership teams in the game as it is. There would be problems with licencing, and it would be wasted time and effort to create kits, faces and stats, for players no one has heard of, and it wouldcome at the expense of established leagues etc. In an ideal world, maybe, but realistically it would be a real waste.

This isn't a Fifa game. The budget won't nearly be as high and the man power will be a lot less. Try and keep it realistic, remembering this will go out to an auidence larger than just the UK.

It would be wasted time and effort. There is no need for a championship, as it is hard enough to even get S14, Top 14, Mangers League and Guiness Premiership teams in the game as it is. There would be problems with licencing, and it would be wasted time and effort to create kits, faces and stats, for players no one has heard of, and it wouldcome at the expense of established leagues etc. In an ideal world, maybe, but realistically it would be a real waste.

This isn't a Fifa game. The budget won't nearly be as high and the man power will be a lot less. Try and keep it realistic, remembering this will go out to an auidence larger than just the UK.

I agree, for exampe Australia dont have a second divison like South africa and new zeland, any way and i recon that money should be better spent on other things

Championship is unnecessary, but maybe put 14 English clubs in the game and every season promote one of the two championship teams? If you manage a club to relegation you get fired so cannot manage a championship club.

Well prehaps the Champioship could be downloadable content so that money made from the game can be spent on the champioship (for the people that want it aka me)

How is that an example of what Nick was saying?

its an example of how the whole idea wont work I'm just adding to what he said, the thread is about adding more divisions and in aus there aren't any so it would not work,and he says remembering this will go out to an audience larger than just the UK. and that is what aus not having 2nd divisions is an example of

Terrible idea. If money is invested into developing this feature and not into licences, kits or anything else, I will be ropable.

I say

Take the FIFA Manager 10 game, change the game that is played to rugby, change a few names, and divide the money amounts by 100.

Perfect

Latest posts