• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 - Kicking Improvement Suggestions

I play "end-on view" and i don't really have a problem with the mechanics of kicking in the game... (Rugby 06) but the animations are just way to slow, especially grubbers and chip kicks... The main reason for this is that the animation for each kick is the same regardless of how powerful it is.
The time it takes to kick a big bomb is about right but the sneaky grubber or chip kick were pretty much not an option in this game. cause you'd end up on your back before the ball even left your hands, and if you were quick enough to get it out of your hands 9 times out of 10 it ended up being a knock-on.
The up-and-under needs to be looked at to. Was it just me or could the CPU get much better distance than me??? They were fine but most good kickers could get at least twice the distance than you can achieve in these previous games...
The drop goal mechanics was very good in Rugby 06. I've played 08 a few times and didn't like the way they were done. it seemed too detatched from the game itself. And how about Half-backs having a crack at the drop goal??? i've seen Andy Ellis do a few, obviously not from 40m+ out but somewhere inside 30m

Latest posts