• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 or Rugby Challenge

SeVvx

Academy Player
2011 should be a good year for Rugby Games. Sidhe is making Rugby Challenge and have already posted some interesting info on their website. There is even a youtube develepment movie out. My concern is that we have heard and seen almost nothing from HB studios Rugby 2012. The Q&A in my opinion is giving us very little info. My money is on Rugby 2012 but I have to admit there is going to be some real competition out there this year. FIFA vs PES stuff. lol

I think it's very early to make speculations, as we have no solid information from either studio.

I'm sure that both games will have their pros and cons, It seems that Rugby challenge will have more features and maybe more/better licenses, but who knows what game will have the better gameplay... HB has more experience making Rugby games so they should have an edge...

I just hope that one of them decides to release games a bit more regularly (at least every two years) this would mean the game could grow and improve! Thats the only chance of us ever having a really high quality Rugby game.

Hard to make a comparrison really, theres Rugby Challenge that weve heard little about then theres Rugby 2012 that weve heard nothing about. I shall be getting both anyway to be honest, Its been a while since a rugby game came out and now theres two so why not?

cant wait but i want a game with heineken cup (the licenced version not the ******* european throphy)
with licenced english irish welsh and scot teams

I have heard that Rugby Challange is going to have a manager mode. From there website "Rugby Challenge will include the All Blacks, ITM Cup, and Investec Super Rugby amongst other licensed teams and competitions, and will feature multiplayer online play, a multi-year franchise mode, extensive customisation options, and dynamic real-time commentary."

I believe HB will have better game play but believe Rugby challange will have a better manager mode. Just hope one of the games have player growth so you can buy some young guys and build them into stars.

I love rugby but find myself playing Fifa or Madden just for that reason.

Latest posts