• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 player ratings? Players with 99

Well you certainly arent going to be holding the 'spelling bee' trophie with spelling like that Savage Lezzie

I did not know this was a spelling competition, but great spelling on your behalf. "Trophie" is spelt Trophy, LOL!

"Trophie" is a perfectly acceptable spelling of the word. Failed again.

To HB Studios and TRF:

Go to the following website - http://www.slackers.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15182

This site will prove who the CURRENT leading Test nation is. South Africa hold all 15 man rugby trophies available to them. No other country in the world has ever done this feat before.

The Web Ellis "Rugby World Cup"
Nelson Mandela Plate
Freedom Cup
The British & Irish Lions Series Trophy
Super 14 Trophy

The only reason SA don't have the Six Nations cup is because they don't play in it!

LOL

Last edited:
To HB Studios and TRF:

Go to the following website - http://www.slackers.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15182

This site will prove who the CURRENT leading Test nation is. South Africa held all 15 man rugby trophies available to them. No other country in the world has ever done this feat before.

The Web Ellis "Rugby World Cup"
Nelson Mandela Plate
Freedom Cup
The British & Irish Lions Series Trophy
Super 14 Trophy

The only reason SA don't have the Six Nations cup is because they don't play in it!

Oh, shut up.

Bored of your "all hail SA routine"

Oh, shut up.

Bored of your "all hail SA routine"

Just having fun getting these guys all worked up!
I must say that if England were to hold all trophies possible they would get knighted, lol!
I just want SA to have the top ranking they deserve. If SA's form drops and they do not win the tri nations etc by the time the game is developed next year then I undersatnd if their rating is lower. Simple as that! No arguments, if they lose they must move down. Similarly, if they keep winning they must stay on top of the rankings!

Only Woodward got knighted when we did that in '03 :p

Lol, exactly my point!

Martin Johnson was promoted from an OBE to an CBE medal (one medal below knighthood)
Wilkinson, Andy Robinson (assistant coach) and Jason Leonard were promoted from MBE to an OBE medal.
The funniest thing is:

In South Africa, Jake White (SA, head coach) wins the 2004 Tri Nations and the World Cup 2007 gets home and gets fired!
How f...d up is that? If SA did not have to endure all quotas and politics imagine what a power house they could be!
Anyhow, the current South African side will always be remebered as one of the strongest SA teams in the history of the Springbok rugby!
No other nation has held all trophies available to them at one time.

See website - http://www.slackers.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15182

Lol, exactly my point!

Martin Johnson was promoted from an OBE to an CBE medal (one medal below knighthood)
Wilkinson, Andy Robinson (assistant coach) and Jason Leonard were promoted from MBE to an OBE medal.
The funniest thing is:

In South Africa, Jake White (SA, head coach) wins the 2004 Tri Nations and the World Cup 2007 gets home and gets fired!
How f...d up is that? If SA did not have to endure all quotas and politics imagine what a power house they could be!
Anyhow, the current South African side will always be remebered as one of the strongest SA teams in the history of the Springbok rugby!
No other nation has held all trophies available to them at one time.

See website - http://www.slackers.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15182

Didn't England do this in 03'?

Also, I'm sure there's some stupid trophy between Ireland and SA, which you don't hold. So there.

Last edited:
Anyhow, the current South African side will always be remebered as the one that lost to Leicester and Saracens.
Fixed. (Note: This is not me saying Leicester or Saracens should be rated higher than South Africa.)

Can we do clubs now? I'm sure that'll go by smoothly. :p

Last edited:
To prove: NH>SH

Proof:

South Africa lost their most recent clash against Saracens ∴ Saracens > South Africa

South Africa also lost their most recent clash against Leicester ∴ Leicester > South Africa

From this we can assume South Africa would be, at best, the third best team in the GP. South Africa are apparently the best team in the Southern Hemisphere as South Africa have beaten New Zealand and Australia in their most recent clashes (∴ SA>NZ & SA>OZ).

∴ NH>SH

Thusly, by the logic of Savage Lez's logic, the proposition holds.

verigoat;323646 Habana...Jeez if thats not the biggest one there. Hes only got speed said:
RE: Francois Steyn - In 2008 he was selected in the World Team of the Year by Laureus, he is the youngest player ever to win a world cup at the age of 19 (replaced the injured Jean De Villiers). He is very versatile and can play Fly Half, centre, wing or Full-Back equally well. He also holds the record for the longest drop goal during a rugby match.

To prove: NH>SH

Proof:

South Africa lost their most recent clash against Saracens ∴ Saracens > South Africa

South Africa also lost their most recent clash against Leicester ∴ Leicester > South Africa

From this we can assume South Africa would be, at best, the third best team in the GP. South Africa are apparently the best team in the Southern Hemisphere as South Africa have beaten New Zealand and Australia in their most recent clashes (∴ SA>NZ & SA>OZ).

∴ NH>SH

Thusly, by the logic of Savage Lez's logic, the proposition holds.

I am assuming you know a lot about rugby, and if you do you do know that was not a great logic.
The IRB have been trying to re implement series when countries tour. Now, SA played their stronger teams in the Tests. SA played their quota and future SA players (youngsters) in the mid week games against Leicester and Saracens. And, food for thought. Did you know that Saracens have no less than 8 South African players in their squad, many being springboks themselves? So it came as no surprise that the newbies lost against SA "B".

facepalm.jpg

I am assuming you know a lot about rugby, and if you do you do know that was not a great logic.
The IRB have been trying to re implement series when countries tour. Now, SA played their stronger teams in the Tests. SA played their quota and future SA players (youngsters) in the mid week games against Leicester and Saracens. And, food for thought. Did you know that Saracens have no less than 8 South African players in their squad, many being springboks themselves? So it came as no surprise that the newbies lost against SA "B".

Didn't you lose two of those tests? I assume you are aware that the club teams you player were shorn of their internations? When that's bourn in mind South Africa 'B' lost to Saracens 'B' and Leicester 'B'

I could also prove it through integration or induction methods either. Take your pick.

Fixed. (Note: This is not me saying Leicester or Saracens should be rated higher than South Africa.)

Can we do clubs now? I'm sure that'll go by smoothly. :p

Good idea, but this may need to be done in another Post?!

I would give the following Southern Hemisphere ratings:

Bulls - 89
Stormers - 87
Waratahs - 85
Crusaders - 84
Reds - 83
Brumbies - 82
Blues - 82
Hurricanes - 82
Sharks - 80
Cheetahs - 78
Chiefs - 78
Highlanders - 76
Force - 76
Lions - 55

crusaders are better than the waratahs. but apart from that the order is right, but maybe not the ratings.

verigoat;323646 Habana...Jeez if thats not the biggest one there. Hes only got speed said:
RE: Francois Steyn - In 2008 he was selected in the World Team of the Year by Laureus, he is the youngest player ever to win a world cup at the age of 19 (replaced the injured Jean De Villiers). He is very versatile and can play Fly Half, centre, wing or Full-Back equally well. He also holds the record for the longest drop goal during a rugby match.

I always hear ppl say about this record, but I have seen a uruguayan fullback kick it from further out than I have ever seen steyn kick a drop goal.

Didn't you lose two of those tests? I assume you are aware that the club teams you player were shorn of their internations? When that's bourn in mind South Africa 'B' lost to Saracens 'B' and Leicester 'B'

I could also prove it through integration or induction methods either. Take your pick.

That is another subject altogether and has been covered in previous posts so I will not be repeating myself.
The entire discussion came about where South Africa should be rated.

Now, go have a look at the most recent results of SA vs. New Zealand. SA have comfortably beaten New Zealand 3 x in a row and 4 out of the last 6 meetings.
SA have also retained the Super 14 for 2 years in a row and have won that 3 out of the last 4 years.

In fact, besides the Babaa's SA are the only other team to do so in recent times.
Hence my view is that SA should be ranked higher than NZ in the up and coming RUGBY 2012 game!

I am not being arrogant, I am more than happy for that to change if NZ can break the shackles SA currently have over them.

Latest posts