• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 & Rugby World Cup 2011

Sam Hanning

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand
In Rugby 08 the Rugby World Cup 2007 was almost seen as a casual add on or so I rekon. I think that in Rugby 12 the World Cup should be advertised way more and not seen as a little add on but as a serious part of the game. In forum with EA Sports their were cries for more tornaments and I think I have the soloution. In 2010 FIFA World Cup you can qualify for the actual tornament itself but this would be quite easy considering FIFA run these qualification tornaments. In qualifying for the RWC they have compititions like the Asian 5 Nations. To add more compititions add a qualifying section in it, thus creating more tornaments. So say you want to qualify for the Rugby World Cup with Japan just go on to the World Cup home screen and select qualification, then select Japan and you will go through to doing the Asian 5 Nations tornament. Once you do that and qualify then you go strait to the RWC 2011. Also in Rugby 08 atention to detail was ignored a bit to much. Having the new game on PS3 and X-Box 360 will make it alot sharper looking but things need work. In 2010 FIFA World Cup detail was highlighted as crutial and they made it look spectacular! Having people in the crowd cheering on their team and stuff was real cool and I thought that having the trumpets going added to the likeleness alot and made you think you were watching the World Cup on tv. You could have the crowd cheering thing going and also a massive thing in World Cups are the brass bands playing in the background. Other than that gameplay is fine just dive tackles. When you make a dive tackle in Rugby 08 you lift of the ground and seem to fly into the opposition. You could make it a more concentrated tackle where the man you control puts his head down and goes hard out therefore making it harder to actually get him but when you do get him it has about the same results. Have a ref on the field but that's pretty simple. Also try to get the real 2011 RWC grapics and scoreboard that we will see on our tv late 2011. Have shots of the outside of the stadium and for an extra treat have the coaches be seen watching the the game from their boxes in the stand will be cool but optional.

Anyway thankyou for Reading my post feel free to add on or comment

Would people want a seperate world cup campain as well as having it in the main season mode or is having it in the season mode enough?

I'd want both i think, but then i'd be happy to have it just in the manager mode so i could watch my players have good club form then good international form.

What do people think?

Would people want a seperate world cup campain as well as having it in the main season mode or is having it in the season mode enough?

I'd want both i think, but then i'd be happy to have it just in the manager mode so i could watch my players have good club form then good international form.

What do people think?

Sounds good. Then the other countries might have different squads, too.

Yeah that would be sweet to be able to play it as part of a season. that way injury and form could play a part making it a different tournament everytime!

what would be awesome would be something from each country that supporters use during rugby matches i.e bagpipes and pipe bands in scotland, vuvuzelas in south africa, singing swing low in england, bread of heaven in wales...

It Would Be Like Fifa If This Has A Virtual Pro Or Something Like thaa So u can build ur player up and seen as ea sports are in on this aswell they should put a pro club on this aswell :) My Opinion

GYI0058218147_jpg_39765b.jpg
Or every time Beast ( Springbok prop ) gets the ball the crowd could call out "beast " !!! Seems to be catching on all over hahahahahahaha

Last edited:
GYI0058218147_jpg_39765b.jpg
Or every time Beast ( Springbok prop ) gets the ball the crowd could call out "beast " !!! Seems to be catching on all over hahahahahahaha

Haha, yeah this would be pretty funny, the same thing would happen when Chabal (France) gets the ball... And when playing in Ireland, each time someone takes a kick at goal the crowd should go eerily quiet

I think HB will focus a lot more on the WC this time round. The reason the game exists is because it will be released in a WC year.

They'll probably get around their licensing trouble that way too, in a similar way Swordfish did with Brian Lara/Ricky Ponting Cricket 2005. BLIC 2005 didn't have the rights to any of the individual teams but had the right to use real names in ICC tournaments. While Sidhe has licensed the All Blacks, HB may license the WC through the IRB and have real player names in the WC mode.

I dont know exactly how the licensing works, though I hear it is a long process? so cheers HB if you can do it all
I would prefer not to have a fake version of some players
It also means you can cheat?
Eg Breyton Paulse at 11 and Breyton Pulse at 14??

I dont know exactly how the licensing works, though I hear it is a long process? so cheers HB if you can do it all
I would prefer not to have a fake version of some players
It also means you can cheat?
Eg Breyton Paulse at 11 and Breyton Pulse at 14??

even if the names are fake, there are a dozen of modders itching to fix the licensing issue. just look at the awesome things they've done with rugby 08 mup.

...in another note, i loved the trumpet thingy and the distinct cheering for certain players. it's a thing of finesse.

In madden NFL 2011 you get franchise mode where you can sign players and trade and stuf so a franchise mode would be pretty cool

i think like in Fifa there should be a 'be a pro' option and possible a camera view from the head gear, maybe this will feel like your more into the game? just a suggestion :p

just add an option for games schedule, lke all the other tournaments in rugby 08
eg.
the official 2011 world cup fixtures
or random fixtures
because i got bored on 08 consistently playing japan wales and fiji with the wallabies :)

Latest posts