• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 Team Ratings?

Yeah but the chances of this game being GREAT aren't that high... it's on a tight budget and this is the first release on new gaming platforms. There needs to be a few games made consecutively so that they can work out the kinks and really develop things.
Thats why Fifa is so successful, they have tons of $$$ and it's been on the new consoles for 4 or 5 years.
I don't really like soccer but i enjoy Fifa games.
If this game is gonna be a real success it will nee to not only appeal to rugby lovers (to be honest even if the game is rubbish i'm still gonna buy it) but it needs to appeal to people who aren't really big rugby fans

I'd solve this problem by having an accurate Form rating on players (all offline of course) and use the ratings of the players, the performance of the players and the results of the team to create an IRB rankings system that changed per game. With this in place you could then accurately judge teams as if Italy were playing well for 3 matches of the 6N they would improve their rating, but a loss of Parisse through injury would dampen the rating as he is their best player, who probably topped their rating every game.

This would work well if, when you played an offline friendly, there were other background matches being simulated to keep the records even. That way even Super 15 and Aviva Premiership teams would be rated truly.

The form rating should fluctuate the players attributes by -3 to +3 ie If Hosea Gear starts scoring plenty of tries for the 'Canes then his rating through form would be above a perhaps stuttering Rokocoko therefore justifying his inclusion to the NZ squad.

I understand that for the form rating to work it would take lots of work, probably costing money but the game would benefit and be leagues above other sports games. Putting in a form rating would also allow real stats to be used, as if Ma'a Nonu broke 5 tackles and then threw a dodgy pass in the first game, and broke 4 tackles in the second and threw 2 dodgy passes in the second his Strength and Ball Carrying ratings would be up by +3 but his passing would be down by -2. The realism would be beyond belief and make the game far more entertaining to play. It would also work well with a morale rating which could affect the players attributes by +/- 3. Together, these plus a decent menu and team screen showing inform players and having a newspaper like article to represent it would be superb.

They could implement the idea that fifa uses whereby you can buy an "updater" that will update players ratings based on the last match they played (form). In fifa it costs about €10 for 6ish leagues. This would be a good idea for rugby 2012 as it would increse the budget but also anyone who would buy the game but isint a big enough fan of rugby wouldnt need to buy it. So everyones happy.

I just read the latest Q & A... Sounds like Form and Morale and their effect on player performance wont be included in this game :(

Latest posts