• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 Team Ratings?

Well, I hope they will include the British and Irish Lions and The Pacific Islanders as well

i think barbarians team rating depends the squad (e.g, usually barbarians november tests are better than barbarians may-june tests).
and the team chemistry, like fifa series, must be included (e.g, pacific islanders 40, barbarians 50, south africa 87, new zealand 90, bulls 92)

Last edited:
Any speculation into what national teams will be included in Rugby 2012? Or for that matter, what will the team ratings will be? Just for kicks, here are the national teams I expect to be in the game and how I expect them to be rated.

1) New Zealand- 95
2) South Africa- 94
3) Australia- 93
4) France- 91
5) Argentina- 91
6) Ireland- 88
7) England- 87
8) Wales- 86
9) Scotland- 83
10) Italy- 77
11) Fiji- 74
12) Samoa- 73
13) Canada- 71
14) Japan- 70
15) Tonga- 70
16) Romania- 67
17) USA- 65
18) Georgia- 65
19) Portugal- 64
20) Uruguay- 62
21) Russia- 61
22) Namibia- 60
23) Zimbabwe- 59
24) Spain- 58
25) Tunisia- 54

Atleast thats how I see it anyway. The more national teams that are included in the game, the better (hopefully all are licenced).

Thoughts?

The rankings are just to early to call for examle Argentina just lost to scotland

Perhaps not. But, the intent was there. We just need a decent pair of centres and we'll get men over that white line. Besides, the Argentineans are pretty well known for their defensive wall. so not to score a try isn't that surprising. Did you watch the match? The way Scotland at least tried to run the ball from deep and shift it out wide was far better than anything I've seen from the likes of England for a long time! It must also be remembered that without Argentina killing the ball in the ruck and coming in from the side constantly, we probably would have scored a try or two. As it was, we simply didn't have to.

I agree with you, Scotland are a very good team and you'd have to be an idiot or have your South African or English goggles on to think they are ****. They have amazing talent in the backline, Dan Parks has been amazing and is around the 3rd best flyhalf in rugby at the moment, the other two being Morne Steyn and Dan Carter. Quade Cooper is good with his running but clearly needs work on areas of his game, where as Parks has a complete game package and is a seasoned player, he has the experience to win games when on the back foot, something Cooper doesn't have.

I would put Scotland about 6th right now.

1st New Zealand / South Africa (depends who wins the Tri-Nations)
3rd Australia
4th France
5th Wales
6th Scotland
7th Ireland
8th Wales
9th Argentina
10th Italy

you'd have to be an idiot or have your South African or English goggles on to think they are ****

What?
Most SA and England posters on here (if not all) will agree Scotland are a decent side, and are getting better

3rd Australia
4th France
5th Wales
6th Scotland
7th Ireland
8th Wales
9th Argentina
10th Italy
England not in the top 10?
Har har

I meant England in 5th instead of Wales twice, sorry. I know it seems pretty overrated, but they have a very exciting team and come 2011, I bet they will do very well and would struggle not to make the semis.

Hmm Scotland 6th?. Their currently ninth on the IRB rankings and don't deserve much higher no matter how much 'potential' they have.

I think Scotland will be 7th by the end of the summer international period: Wales are going to lose some points losing to the allblacks, and they're only 0.09 ahead of Scotland ATM, so that'll make them 8th, then Argentina are above that (and only 0.4ish above scotlands current position) so if they win their next match against them they'll overtake them as well

I agree with you, Scotland are a very good team and you'd have to be an idiot or have your South African or English goggles on to think they are ****. They have amazing talent in the backline, Dan Parks has been amazing and is around the 3rd best flyhalf in rugby at the moment, the other two being Morne Steyn and Dan Carter. Quade Cooper is good with his running but clearly needs work on areas of his game, where as Parks has a complete game package and is a seasoned player, he has the experience to win games when on the back foot, something Cooper doesn't have.

I would put Scotland about 6th right now.

3rd Australia
4th France
5th Wales
6th Scotland
7th Ireland
8th Wales
9th Argentina
10th Italy

you do no that Dan Parks is Australian born

Wales are going to lose some points losing to the allblacks

Dont think you should rule wales out before they've even got on the pitch! Although we're likely to lose and are expected to lose, you never know, we may have a bit of luck. Have a bit of belief in your country!

I do, hence me thinking England are going to beat Australia :p

I just can't see Wales winning, with a bit of luck they can get close, but i can't see a win

Don't be silly, South Africa have beaten New Zealans 3out of their last 4 outings and two of those were in New Zealand. South Africa hold all the trophies possible. The only reason South Africa are 2nd in the rankings is because they sent a B team on the end of year tour to rest the Big Guns. The Super 14 has been won by a SA side 3 out of the last 4 years and this year 2 SA sides competed in the Final.

Were they to use the official IRB it would look something like this:

New Zealand 92
South Africa 87
Australia 86
France 85
Ireland 83
Argentina 81
England 80
Wales 79
Scotland 77
Fiji 76
Italy 73
Samoa 72
Japan 71
Canada 69
Tonga 68
Georgia 68
Romania 67
USA 67
Russia 65
Uruguay 63

Seems about fair to me. Maybe Walesshould be higher than England but apart from that...

Don't be silly, South Africa have beaten New Zealans 3out of their last 4 outings and two of those were in New Zealand. South Africa hold all the trophies possible. The only reason South Africa are 2nd in the rankings is because they sent a B team on the end of year tour to rest the Big Guns. The Super 14 has been won by a SA side 3 out of the last 4 years and this year 2 SA sides competed in the Final.

Hello! May I ask what country you're from?

for me it would be a delight to have all the teams from qualifying in the game. some unknowns i'd love to play as but i don't know if hb would do that

People have a point when they say SA are the best in the world...

They are the best at kicking goals. With the best distance kicker in the world and also one of the most accurate if not the most accurate on his day. In terms of rugby ability the All Blacks have it hands down, if you want kicking to be worth 20 rating points to your team by all means take 99 SA...

Maybe we should review these team ratings after the tri nations this year to level all prejiduce!!!
I see quite a few Kiwi inputs here.

That's not New Zealands fault South Africa sent a B team and lost to Club sides at the end of the day The All Blacks play to win every game.So South Africa ranked 2nd and so they should.

Latest posts