• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 Team Ratings?

That's not New Zealands fault South Africa sent a B team and lost to Club sides at the end of the day The All Blacks play to win every game.So South Africa ranked 2nd and so they should.

Well I mean the fact of the matter us SA didn't send a B team. They played their best possible team against Ireland and France. They used a B team against the club sides.

Brilliant but South Africa have routed New Zealand 3 of of 4 of late and twice in New Zealand.
South Africa are the only team to smash New Zealands good record!
I would say that if South Africa could choose their best players and not have to choose Quota players then they would dominate even more!

Eg: Garry Botha is first choice hooker for the Blue Bulls and in most peoples opinion even better than John Smit. He can not make the Bok squad because of his colour. The 2nd and 3rd choice hookers both non white, make the Springboks before him and Liebenberg (Stormers). It is a disgrace! The BEST players should be on the fiels and South Africa would rip any team to pieces!

Mine would be:

World XV: 96
Southern Hemisphere: 95
Northern Hemisphere: 93
New Zealand: 93
South Africa: 92
British Lions: 91
Barbarians: 89
Australia: 87
France: 87
Ireland: 85
Argentina: 83
Pacific Island XV: 82
England: 82
Wales: 80
New Zealand Maori: 79
Australia A: 79
Scotland: 78
Italy: 75
Samoa: 75
Fiji: 73
Japan: 71
Canada: 69
Tonga: 68
Georgia: 68
USA: 67
Romania: 66
Russia: 65
Uruguay: 63

Gotta have those bonus sides in there!

I don't care about the rankings. the point is that South Africa are stronger than New Zealand and the last 3 years results don't lie. South Africa have broken New Zealand's back in the last few years.

The rankings are required so that if a game is generated the stronger team wins. South Africa beat the New Zealanders hands down and that is with quotas being applied. Imagine if we could choose our strongest side. The rest of the world is lucky we have balookers and politics to deal with!

In England, Clive Woodward was knighted for winning the World Cup. In South Africa, the best coach in the world, Jake White, was fired! He won the world cup with politics and all!!!!

That's not New Zealands fault South Africa sent a B team and lost to Club sides at the end of the day The All Blacks play to win every game.So South Africa ranked 2nd and so they should.

England are better than Argentina, Barbarians, Pacific Islands and I reckon Ireland, France and England should have the same rating as they are always so close games

Right Lance whatever you arrogant jimmy hunt. Australias pack got completely mangled today by a front row containing Tim Payne.....
Yeah boring rugby thats all N-H teams can do_Oh did they beat aussie??? um no England suck anyway!!!!! No flashy back moves maybe England should take a lesson from the All Blacks Ireland game.

To the TRF Team, maybe a chnage in ranking system is required.

Take all the players from each country and have them ranked by the public to get a true ranking. The International teams overall ranking should be determiined by the players picked in the teams. Like in Rugby 08, combinations should also increase ratings. For example: Victor Matfield & Bakkies Botha are the best locks in world rugby. Schalk Burger, Juan Smith & Pierre Spies are the best loose trio, Fourie Du Preez & Morne Steyn are the best half back pairing in the world , Jean Devilliers & Jacques Fourie are the best centre combinations.
Brian Habana is the best wing in the world but he does not have the best back three in the world, except when politics don't interfere and Frans Steyn gets chosen.

All in all, ratings should vary according to selection and performance (staying with same combo's and winning friendlies and tournies).

Lance I think England did just beat the aussies and they did play rather well!
Regards,
DB
PS you can probably put England 3rd in the list now
Hugs and kisses

Lance I think England did just beat the aussies and they did play rather well!
Regards,
DB
PS you can probably put England 3rd in the list now
Hugs and kisses

I agree that lance was being a stupid cock who didn't have a clue what he was talking about. But no, England should not be 3rd in the list. Definitely behind NZ, SA, Australia and France and probably behind Ireland still... England had a great win today but 1 great win after a series of losses/narrow victories over poor opposition doesn't automatucally make them the 3rd best team in the world

Personally I think having an international team aside from Ireland in the game is a big unnessicary. I mean who wants to see the likes of Russia, Spain, France and Namibia in there really? Not I, that's for sure.

Yeah boring rugby thats all N-H teams can do_Oh did they beat aussie??? um no England suck anyway!!!!! No flashy back moves maybe England should take a lesson from the All Blacks Ireland game.

You were saying?

Anyway, this is why a star rating system is a better option then these crappy percentage ratings. Stops butthurt morons *****ing "OH NOES! ENGLAND ARE ONLY 2% WORSE THEN IRELAND AND AUSTRALIA!!!1!"

Tier one sides - 4/5* (NZ, SA and France 5*, Eng, Ireland, Oz & Wales 4.5*, Scotland, Italy, Argentina 4*)
Tier 2 sides - 2.5/4*
The rest are below 2*

At the end of they day, they're meant to be a guide, not a fecking excel spreadsheet.

Last edited:
well said bullit thats the best argument for the best rating scheme so can we stop all the north south team ***** fights

Definitely no for the IRB rankings.
They should fluctuate with the players in the squad.

i think the ratings should reflect the irb rankings.

Currently the top ten international teams are:

Nz- 91
south africa- 88
australia- 85
france- 85
ireland- 82
argentina- 80
england- 80
wales- 78
scotland- 76
fiji- 75

seems like the fairest option to me anyway. Could use the ratings for the northern hemisphere teams at the end of there international season this year and the southern at the end of this year when their seasons up so if wales ends up with 80 points they should be given 80 in the game. If nz finish with 90 then they get rated 90. No-one could argue that their teams being under or overrated.

i dont think this is a good idea at all. The ratings are not accurate for when games are simulated. Eg: South africa have routed new zealand 3 of the last 4 tri nations matches. 2 of these being in new zealand. In fact south africa are the only team to consistently beat new zealand. Only france managed to do so recently as well.

My mistake. South africa have beaten new zealand 4 out of 4 last outings and 2 of them in new zealand. The barbaaa's also beat new zealand and no surprise most of the teams were south africans!

This is the most accurate rating i have seen. With current form i would have england on 89 with aus though. South africa have thumped new zealand in the last 2 years. When games are generated in tournaments you want a realistic result. If south africa is rated higher then the correct results should follow. Also, the bulls and stormers are the top two super 14 sides and i hope this is reflected accurately in the new game. The bulls are the strongest club side in world rugby as proved over the last 4 years. They have won the super 14 3 out of the last 4 years. They also have most of the current world cup champions in their team.

in my opinion:

South africa 92
new zealand 91
france 90
australia 89
ireland 87
england 87
wales 84
new zealand maori 83
argentina 81
scotland 79
england saxons 78
italy 77
fiji 73
samoa 71
tonga 70
japan 68
canada 68
usa 67
georgia 66
romania 64
russia 64
portugal 60
spain 58
germany 52

This is the most accurate rating i have seen. With current form i would have england on 89 with aus though. South africa have thumped new zealand in the last 2 years. When games are generated in tournaments you want a realistic result. If south africa is rated higher then the correct results should follow. Also, the bulls and stormers are the top two super 14 sides and i hope this is reflected accurately in the new game. The bulls are the strongest club side in world rugby as proved over the last 4 years. They have won the super 14 3 out of the last 4 years. They also have most of the current world cup champions in their team.

What part of New Zealand are you from?

What has that got to do with the fact that New Zealand has been routed by South Africa the last two years. Facts are facts and scores don't lie. South Africa are the strongest team if the last 3 years results are anything to go by!

Scores and results are the best measure. Opinions are just that opinions. Have you got any evidence to prove otherwise.

No!

Latest posts