• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012

S

St Helens RLFC

Discuss the new up and coming game from HB Studios right here, right now.

Hopefully, it'll be amazing and will have the ability to play as anyone and everyone, including the license for my school team. (Which, if you're interested HB, only costs 10p and a pack of Chewits) It won't, and that won't be too big a deal, but I would like to see the Magners League licensed, as surely it can't be that expensive?

I'd adore a create a tournament function. Always felt the tournaments in the previous editionsof the game were a bit limited.

Can we assume online play will be included this time?

Hem Hem Hem...10 steps to the perfect game.

Do this, and i will buy the game.
Don't do this, i will probably buy the game, but be disappointed.

1. Hire Uli85 to do faces
2. Hire ShaheenJ to do kits
3. Have a Lions Tour
4. Have a Premiership/Super14 where you can continue after one year and sign players. Never go down the pro-evo route of 'world leagues'
5. Have the top14 - licensed
6. Have the Magners - licensed
7. Create a tournament
8. Include a data editor (much like Football Manager games would be good)
9. Online play
10. Regular patches - if the plan is to make them every two years any chance of updates as the season progresses? (probably a step too far)

If you have some kind of link with them is there any chance you could set up some semi-formal submission of suggestions thread? It's not much use them giving updates and having blogs and all that jazz if they're not producing what people want, or at least if they can't produce what people want, they can explain it instead of people being disappointed or ****** off when the game is actually released

Generally, a rule for the success of the game in general is to have easy controls etc to allow everyone to play.
For those of us who are still playing rugby 08 and will play this game into oblivion, the more teams and players, the better.
I know that adding loads of players and such in can make the game time consuming to make and heavy on memory, but a really good game should have as many teams and tournaments as is practical.
One of the major failings of rugby 08 is the lack of teams and players pre-programmed into the game, and the lack of licensed ones as well. I should not have to find some obscure mod that requires changing the game's code in order to play with Leeds or Castres.

7s would surely be an easier game to programme? and 2012 is olympic 7s year...maybe we could get 2 games.....! :D

I would like to see a fully licensed season mode where you chose a team to start with lets say for instance, Northampton :)P) had so many fixtures lined up for the Guinness Prem, then a few weeks of the Heiney cup, some more Prem games followed by the LV= cup etc.

Get what I am saying? An in-depth season mode, with plenty of things to contend for, a great online gameplay experience offering tourneys and such like also, will make this game something special. (IMO)

Along with some super-fab graphics, realistic stadia, and some Jonah lomu style gameplay but set in the present.

PLEASE?!?!

With the depth Fifa and the Madden and NHL games have got these days, i'm hoping the Rugby one will have similar, coming from the same producers n all

This is great news, online play alone will add so much to the games depth regardless of how much of an improvement over the last games.

The wait is allready killing me and we've got more than a year to wait...:(

It'll come around quickly Radman. The great thing is that you all now have the opportunities to put forward suggestions and ask questions. HB are going to be doing a developmental blog and I'll be hosting some podcasts with the development team at some point, that will be really interesting. I think it's a good idea to keep fans, ultimately the customers, in the loop at the very earliest stages of the game.

I'd love to see an online mode like fifas be a pro mode.

How good would a 7's comp be with 7 different online players in one team?

Yeah a 7s mode on it would be cool, especially with it being in the Olympics (though with rugby not being included until 2016 i suppose they could leave it for a few years, and do it as a special mode in the 2016 game etc. as then they could have the licenses and the like) - i'm just stoked about the thought of online play. It really does wonders for a game playing online. Like with Fifa, i've not played the single player since about 3-4weeks after it came out, but still pick it up for a few online games every now and again

*drools* Oh man 7's would own with 7 on 7, would be sweet to have a full team of TRF'ers against other players. *drools again*

7's must be included though.

I think for this game online play surely has to be in there. this is exciting news though a new rugby game and the developers right here on the forum. looking forward to hear more about the game.

A TRF tournament would have to be arranged at some point, providing enough have it on the same console

This has been new that we've been licking our lips in anticipation about for a while now. The guys from HB will be taking onboard any suggestions with the aim to make the game as good as it can be.

Latest posts