• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012

We certainly haven't heard anything so it's safe to assume that there'll be no HB rugby game this year.

There will be no rugby game this year... at least from HB Studios

I think Sidhe have talked about a Rugby challenge 2 but nothing from HB

I doubt Sidhe would release a new game this year, thats what the've hinted at before anyway. We'll have to wait till 2013 for any new rugby game im afraid chaps.

yes well why wait if the stupid bailers can return to rugby forum and make 2012 patch for rugby 08

Anybody else feel that Rugby Challenge was somewhat of a disappointment?

I do, just didn't seem like enough attention was focussed on the main reasons for buying the game, Gameplay (lack of realism and way too balanced towards attacking play) and Franchise Mode (wasn't really) plus online lag sealed its fate for me.

Graphics and presentation were it's high points.

What I don't get is why did Rugby League 3 on Wii have a better Franchise Mode and a greater depth in its gameplay and all done at a fraction of the cost of Rugby Challenge???.

Last edited:
Graphics and presentation were it's high points.

I couldn't agree more. That and the fact that the general logic of the gameplay was so flawed. I mean the fact that your backline is always in the rucks and your forwards in the backline, even at first receiver position. I really thought they could've done better, considering the time they had. I certainly hope they don't make another one. Rugby 2008 is still, by far, king of rugby games for me.

can someone please tell me where i can find all the stadium index number for the rsg files when changing the fixtures because i would like to know what is the index number for perths stadium Subiaco Oval please.

Anybody else feel that Rugby Challenge was somewhat of a disappointment?

yes i agree tbh mate. rugby challenge was a slight let down becos there was only a selection of like 3 stadiums, all the comintary was australian speakers, teams were totally UNDER rated, the international teams wernt even the offical selection and finally the players wernt accurate. rugby challenge dissapointed me in many ways most of all the underrating of teams for example i am a newcastle falcons fan (yes they are aweful sometimes) but this was no excuse for the 9 times out 10 dropped balls i find it impossible to win against a top flight team e.g. saries and the saints. this has definatly got to change.

RC was reasionable to poor. Visuals were okay on the licenced players, pretty shocking on the generic ones (photo realism vs cartoons). The gameplay however was ruddy awful. If Sidhe have any sense they'll Majorly revamp it for the Vita version.

I have spent ages editing the stats and looks of the premiership in RC and its amazing now. The game play is the most real out of any rugby game so far you just have to play it like a real game rather than a computer game.

Yes you get backs in rucks....as in real life.
yes your flyhalf might be on the floor somewhere unable to stand in his position ....as in real life

It has floors but if you play as a team would in real life its such a fun game. it took me ages to get used to that after playing RugbyWC but I've never gone back to it.

I think RC had less to work on that RWC and i'm hoping that 2013 will bring RC 2 with a real franchise mdoe. That was a big let down!

I couldn't agree more. That and the fact that the general logic of the gameplay was so flawed. I mean the fact that your backline is always in the rucks and your forwards in the backline, even at first receiver position. I really thought they could've done better, considering the time they had. I certainly hope they don't make another one. Rugby 2008 is still, by far, king of rugby games for me.

Your 100% right mate.. Rugby 08 just need to be pimped up.. ive been waiting too long for a good rugby game on a ps3 especially online so i can let the world know im the best.. ive waited since 2008 and now im nearly 30 and still waiting please just please EA

haha Rugby 08 at least the Springboks was beating the All Blacks consistently in it until I switched it off.

I couldn't get Richard Bands (or similar) to score a 50m try against the ABs in Dunedin, though... so unrealistic :p
That happened to me on Call of Duty 4. I played as a American and kept on bombing the British soldiers and not one died. Bloody unrealistic!

I've found the way to get the most challenge and fun out of Rugby 08 (after you've played a long time and know all the tricks) is to delete all the rosters and mods. Start a new World League tournament with a low ranked team on elite. Now that's fun, after a while it starts getting **** easy again when you buy good players. Fun in the start though. Oh and try to avoid using "W" (kick from ruck) to score tries, that's too easy even on elite. just kick, fly-half runs through and boom, score.

Had saracens at a stage, brent russell on fly-half, just kicked and scored each time. Got a bit boring but was fun.

I've found the way to get the most challenge and fun out of Rugby 08 (after you've played a long time and know all the tricks) is to delete all the rosters and mods. Start a new World League tournament with a low ranked team on elite. Now that's fun, after a while it starts getting **** easy again when you buy good players. Fun in the start though. Oh and try to avoid using "W" (kick from ruck) to score tries, that's too easy even on elite. just kick, fly-half runs through and boom, score.

Had saracens at a stage, brent russell on fly-half, just kicked and scored each time. Got a bit boring but was fun.

Thats how I play. I do not play on anything else other than on elite. You do not need the best players just some speedsters in the centers and a flyhalf like Michelak or Russell to burst through those holes. Then there is O' Driscoll. He is the only player in the game that can't be hauled in. He outsprints anyone in the game. I love Henson. Popping like 60m kicks over with him

So I'm not the only one who is disappointed by RC. So much expectation and excitement. They took my money and gave me **** on a disc. All I want is a decent game, along the lines of 08, with the graphics of RC, with some tweeks as well, of course.

Latest posts