• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby - A Pack of Lies (and bent statistics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GreenRevolution

IRB Rugby Rankings are to be scrutinised. The ranking system is fatally flawed and degrades South African rugby union history. The true is this. South Africa is a NEW country. Prior to 1910 it did not exist. Rugby Union in SOUTHERN AFRICA certainly did. (In fact rugby union in Southern Africa pre-dates that of most British Colonies of the time, but for North America) Nearly 100 years of rugby union history is flushed down the toilet in this way as rugby in the Southern African 'countries' is disregarded in the IRB world ranking stats & conveniently left out of Rugby Union History. Test rugby in the pre-South Africa era include games played in the then CAPE COLONY, REPUBLIC OF TRANSVAAL, REPUBLIC OF THE FREE STATE, BRITISH KAFFRARIA, NATALIA. (This countries united in 1910 to form the UNION OF SOUTH AFRICA) A range of interesting STATISTIC from these times include, FIRST INTERNATIONAL, 70 extra INTERNATIONAL MATCHES, the first game of BEACH RUGBY and the FIRST OVERSEAS tour. The history of Southern Hemisphere rugby is also misrepresented currently by the IRB and these Southern African countries in fact rightfully hold the claim to the oldest rugby clubs & rugby predating that of Australia & New Zealand by more than 30 years ! I hope the STATS will be revisted to reflect the TRUTH, if so, SOUTH AFRICA will take its rightful place WAY BEYOND New Zealand as the undisputed NUMBER 1 RUGBY NATION over the now near 200 years of rugby union ! Springbok rugby is the greatest & the SPRINGBOKS are rightfully the GIANTS of Southern Hemisphere rugby, while the New Zealanders are pretentious 'claimers' !

You talk to much i think you need to sit down and
stfu_lg.gif

Errrm, South Africa are ranked number 1 in the world now... :s

Am I missing something, or is this guy saying that South Africa should be ranked #1 because they have been playing rugby the longest?

Well in that case, no one is ever going to knock England off the top spot. :rolleyes:

Worst. Argument. Ever.

True comedic gold?!

Oh god, and I thought the Saffas would be the more gracious of the two possible WC victors, sorry England I was rooting for the wrong side!

yeah, yeah... South Africa with a COMBINATION of True History and unmatched Stats ... we should be further up those ole World Rankings ... A COUNTRY MILE AHEAD OF THE REST... (and merely a re-affirmation of NEW ZEALANDERS AS PRETENTIOUS CLAIMERS !) a 200 YEAR analysis of RUGBY puts South African rugby soooo far ahead of you LOSERS.... England can rightfully claim the history, but NOT the performance of South Africa... SA has a 70 % win rate... (with only NZ matching that rate) and our history trumps NZ by a good long distance ! I'll give them the last decade ... but now we're BACK on top ! Our rightful historical POLE POSITION !!!!

Los is that you?

Can't be, even Los stays closer to the facts when going into a rant. Look mate, I sadly don't have the time to rip your version of the facts to shreds today.

Maybe the words in capitals form a code which will lead us to the tomb of Jesus or something?

yeah, yeah... South Africa with a COMBINATION of True History and unmatched Stats ... we should be further up those ole World Rankings ... A COUNTRY MILE AHEAD OF THE REST... (and merely a re-affirmation of NEW ZEALANDERS AS PRETENTIOUS CLAIMERS !) a 200 YEAR analysis of RUGBY puts South African rugby soooo far ahead of you LOSERS.... England can rightfully claim the history, but NOT the performance of South Africa... SA has a 70 % win rate... (with only NZ matching that rate) and our history trumps NZ by a good long distance ! I'll give them the last decade ... but now we're BACK on top ! Our rightful historical POLE POSITION !!!! [/b]

Could you at least try to hide the fact that your a bit of a ******?

Did you know that Fiji was the only Nation outside of Africa that toured South Africa during the early stages of Apartheid.

Fiji was the only all dark skin team that could play in South Africa because the government did not allow the white skinned nations to play the blacks.

Since all other white skinned teams were banned from playing in South Africa, South Africa invited the Fiji Rugby Union on a rugby tour all over South Africa a few times.

My great grandparents say that Fiji went undefeated through out the tour of the Springboks and South African local clubs.

Of course its not in the record books because there was no IRB back than..Im talking about way back in the days...like way way way back in the real apartheid days.

So, yea...Fiji went undefeated through South Africa and New Zealand.

So Fiji should have been up there in the World Rankings back when rugby was played without boots/cleats.

yeah, yeah... South Africa with a COMBINATION of True History and unmatched Stats ... we should be further up those ole World Rankings ... A COUNTRY MILE AHEAD OF THE REST... (and merely a re-affirmation of NEW ZEALANDERS AS PRETENTIOUS CLAIMERS !) a 200 YEAR analysis of RUGBY puts South African rugby soooo far ahead of you LOSERS.... England can rightfully claim the history, but NOT the performance of South Africa... SA has a 70 % win rate... (with only NZ matching that rate) and our history trumps NZ by a good long distance ! I'll give them the last decade ... but now we're BACK on top ! Our rightful historical POLE POSITION !!!!
[/b]

Kids, this brings me to my next point. Don't. Smoke. Crack!

Of this thread I can only reiterate: I was never a fan of the internet being allowed into mental hospitals.

Before I cringe any further with embarrasement at some of my fellow Saffas: :locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts