• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RUGBY AGAINST CANCER

Badgerbeesley

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
Rugby Against Cancer is a newly formed initiative that aims to raise money and awareness of this horrible disease that affects most people in some way throughout their lives. The initiative will be supporting local cancer charities to help provide them with the much needed support and funding to help them continue to do the fantastic that they already do. We are hoping that the rugby community will come together to support this amazing cause. Currently, we have backing from a few professional players that have had their lives impacted in some way be Cancer. Most notably, Joe Batley a young prospect who is currently playing for Bristol, who had recently been diagnosed with Cancer but is currently in remission.

Rugby Against Cancer plan to host numerous events supporting different local charities each time. With the right support and backing the long term goal is for this to be a very recognizable name moving onto bigger and better things.

We have our first event on Saturday 4th August down in Portsmouth, we are raising funds for the 3 amazing charities, Children With Cancer/Teenage Cancer Trust and Bowel Cancer UK.

We looking for players to play for the Rugby Against Cancer Baabaas side, we want to make it a personal team so we want to invite players who have recovered from any form of cancer and are still playing and players who have lost close family members to Cancer. If this is you or you know any players please do point in our direction.

Twitter- @Cancerrugby
Facebook- @Cancerrugby

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this isn't allowed on here.

I'm in the USA, so I can't attend. But I commend you for your life saving initiative. God bless you and your good work!

Latest posts