• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby and the British Empire

Spain for the World Cup, with Andy Murray as outhalf - only solution to this navel gazing.

I don't think it's a British Empire thing, more to do with warrior culture among half-civilised nations like England: if you're not inclined to kill them, you can at least rupture their spleens and have a drink afterward.

What if the US and Russia, completely uncivilised, took the game seriously?

I'm sorry guys but the guns could have been pointing to bloody Tokyo for all the average squaddie down there could have cared. They were sold out by ineffective and weak commanders in Singapore itself who simply were not prepared for a pitched battle over Singapore.

The Commonwealth forces posted at Singapore had the capability to take on the Japanese, we outnumbered them by almost two to one and that Japanese supply lines were as bad as our own. It was a series of catastrophic mistakes brought on by dithering and weak leadership which sunk Singapore, not some irrelevent issue about guns facing the wrong way. [/b]

Which was what I was getting at in the first place.

Quiet you! What do you know! You..damn...Singaporese...person...living......in...er...Singapore.....

...yeah.

<div class='quotemain'>
What if the US and Russia, completely uncivilised, took the game seriously?[/b]
Oh god, WE'D BE KILLED!
[/b][/quote]

Didn't the US win rugby union both times it was in the Olympics. (I think it was because Ireland couldn't field Ulster players and England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland were little more then an exhibition team. I dunno what was happening down south.

<div class='quotemain'>I dunno what was happening down south. [/b]

They were far too happy stewing in the broth of their own self-importance to compete.
[/b][/quote]
You never the opportunity slip by do you. Negative prick

<div class='quotemain'>

They were far too happy stewing in the broth of their own self-importance to compete.
[/b][/quote]
You never the opportunity slip by do you. Negative prick [/b][/quote]

Whatever. I await another neg rep from you just because I'm from the NH.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
You never the opportunity slip by do you. Negative prick [/b][/quote]

Whatever. I await another neg rep from you just because I'm from the NH.
[/b][/quote]
You have a seriously bad case of the rugby inferiority complex

They were far too happy stewing in the broth of their own self-importance to compete.[/b]
Did we reject your VISA application after you dreamed all your life to come to the paradise of the southern lands? Is that where the negativeness comes from?

I heard you can get a boat to Australia from Indonesia if you pay enough money.

Uh oh, Drama levels rising...

...you know what this calls for?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mljdpRp41I4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mljdpRp41I4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oh yeah, I just went there...

EDIT: ...also, the song "Hare Hare Yukai" goes on for..er..four minutes and includes dueling guitar solos!. Just been listening to the music CD that came with the special edition first volume of the series (which comes in its own special box set, iron on t-shirt logo and stickers).

Don't know why the Germans never got into rugby..they've got all the attributes

Latest posts