• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby at the Olympics

G

Gaetan

Hello to All
So this is it, rugby's going back to the Olympics.
I'm totaly new to watching conventional rugby XV and know nothing about what revolve around rugby VII.
Are both two differents stories? Does the sames countries dominate either one? How are they differents or the same?
Geez, hope you get what I want to know.
Gaetan, the french canucks

London is 2012, it's Rio 2016 :p

7s is just shrunk down version of XV,
Rules are generally the same, scrums has 3 people a side, conversions are dropgoals only, and it's 7minutes a half

Generally the countries that do well at XV do well at VII as well, with the pacific islanders doing a bit better at VIIs than XVs (from what i've gathered, i don't really follow VIIs that much, just play it), i'm sure there's a list of the top countries on the IRB site or something, i know that Wales and SA both had successful years in VIIs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Oct 10 2009, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
London is 2012, it's Rio 2016 :p

7s is just shrunk down version of XV,
Rules are generally the same, scrums has 3 people a side, conversions are dropgoals only, and it's 7minutes a half

Generally the countries that do well at XV do well at VII as well, with the pacific islanders doing a bit better at VIIs than XVs (from what i've gathered, i don't really follow VIIs that much, just play it), i'm sure there's a list of the top countries on the IRB site or something, i know that Wales and SA both had successful years in VIIs.[/b]

Cough *Kenya* Cough ;)

Latest posts