• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby at university in wales

Hi, I have a question.
The University of Wales is getting larger by mergers. Is the University of South Wales going to join the University of Wales?
And I think that the University of Wales should add "National" to its name -- National University of Wales. (Could anyone translate "National University of Wales" into Welsh?)

No point asking me haha I'm not welsh ask one of the moderators

Hi, I have a question.
The University of Wales is getting larger by mergers. Is the University of South Wales going to join the University of Wales?
And I think that the University of Wales should add "National" to its name -- National University of Wales. (Could anyone translate "National University of Wales" into Welsh?)

No it shouldn't. End of.

The University of Wales has faced in recent years many of its universities accrediting alone meaning that universities such as Aberystwyth, Cardiff and Swansea now accredit degrees themselves as it's seen far more popular by others. When I was at Aber Uni I was allowed to select whether I wanted a UoW degree or AU degree certificate (This was in my last year and our year was the only year allowed to do this).

Also in recent times some universities such as Trinity (Carmarthen and Lampeter) and Swansea Metropolitan have merged together to unite under the University of Wales banner.

** UPDATE **

time to bring the thread back to life ;) after posting this we where told to get our UCAS applications filled out (for you old people its basically a way of applying for university on line) and sent it off. got an interview at the university which meant another 5 hour drive down had my interview and yippeee ive been offered a conditional place at the uni i also got a free hat ;) so hopefully will be joining you jolly lot down in good old Wales this September.

Last edited:
** UPDATE **

time to bring the thread back to life ;) after posting this we where told to get our UCAS applications filled out (for you old people its basically a way of applying for university on line) and sent it off. got an interview at the university which meant another 5 hour drive down had my interview and yippeee ive been offered a conditional place at the uni i also got a free hat ;) so hopefully will be joining you jolly lot down in good old Wales this September.

Congratulations on the free hat! Long have I dreamed of gaining one for myself!

Incidentally, well done on getting in, now wait for the next 'SALE' on wet weather gear and you're sorted ;)

hi all

this is not really an update but more of a question and rather than starting a new thread thort id post here seen as though it was most relevant. anyway some people in The thread suggested that if i couldnt play for USW then its best to play for clubs around the local area. long story short and did some research and found Pontypridd RFU. they look like a professional outfit this is probably because there in the welsh premiership. so i just wanted to ask if i turned up for training would they even consider me ? as if they are a semi professional outfit then i can imagine you cant just turn up id have to complete trials etc. but this may not be the case. just wanted to check as you people who actually live down there would know more than me about it. any help would be obliged.

cheers guys. ;P

Latest posts