• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby AU: Australia Domestic: Round 6 (7 - 8 August 2020)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
zRCIthg.png

Friday, 7 August 2020

0H1BUm0.png
Er9w71N.png
Ublspfx.png

Venue: Leichardt Oval
Time: 11:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Saturday, 8 August 2020

qq7ut5l.png
Er9w71N.png
fioHFlp.png

Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground
Time: 11:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Half Time - Rebels 27 Brumbies 7

It's raining and the Brumbies look really out of it tonight. :confused:

Last edited:
Full Time - Rebels steamrolled the Brumbies, 30-12.

But the Brumbies remain in first place by 4 points over the Rebels.

Last edited:
Rebels were really good in the wet weather. Full value for their win.

Meanwhile, the Brumbies looked like they were in a coma. But I think they'll be alright after their upcoming bye week.

Decided to watch Waraths Reds just after the halftime mark and it's been a singularly miserable experience. Neither team has held the ball for multiple phases, Waraths are absolutely cruising and the Reds keep booting it because they have absolutely nothing in their back pocket.

That was by far the most pathetic Reds performance I've seen in about 5 years.

You'd have to think that the intensity that the Brumbies and Reds played with last week, severely affected their performances this week.

That was by far the most pathetic Reds performance I've seen in about 5 years.

We've only had access to Super Rugby for three years here in America via ESPN, so I'll take your word for it. ;)

I'm skipping all the Aussie matches from this weekend and in the coming weeks. I've reached a point where i could not be bothered with watching Aussie teams anymore. Rugby is 5th most popular sport in Australia. It's a waste of time.

I'm skipping all the Aussie matches from this weekend and in the coming weeks. I've reached a point where i could not be bothered with watching Aussie teams anymore. Rugby is 5th most popular sport in Australia. It's a waste of time.

NRL, AFL and Soccer? what is the 4th thats more popular?

Last i read it was in this order

AFL
Cricket
Soccer
Netball
Rugby

I like Super Rugby AU and will continue to watch it. Rugby's not even in the top 10 sports here in America but I follow our pro game Major League Rugby with a lot of passion. Popularity doesn't necessarily make one sport better than another, it's all subjective. I respect your opinion, but I'm glad there's people like me who don't share it. Rugger on AU.

Last edited:
Then you're missing some good rugby, and missing out on seeing some brilliant new players.

Last i read it was in this order

AFL
Cricket
Soccer
Netball
Rugby

Netball maybe more popular in terms of attendance, but that's not hard, it's the main female sport. Every girl I've ever met played club netball at some point. In terms of viewers it's nowhere near any other sports listed.

AFL - Has Auskick to get kids into it and play fun games on a weekend at near any age.
Cricket - people go to get drunk it's like a party with people playing cricket in the middle (people who don't watch cricket go to get drunk with their friends)
Soccer - Been creeping in popularity since I was 7 years old. Now I'm 29 and it's jumped rugby in attendance
Rugby League - Popular everywhere but most popular in rural towns that have a large field and couldn't pick any other sport to play.
Rugby Union - Private schools, yet it only has two major club tournaments encompassing a small part of two states. Majority of my friends that didn't go to school with me or aren't pacific islanders or New Zealanders have never played rugby.
Netball - popular ages 7 - 15 after that participation nosedives.

I would say rugby is more popular than cricket, but I've never once watched a cricket game. I would say cricket is on the decline because Australia is starting to suck.

Latest posts