• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Battle of the Hemispheres

Given the way that the SH has hijacked the IRB and tried to reinvent and rebrand the game for home consumption the concept of an annual SH v NH club play off will become as alien as an annual League v Union match to decide who is best.

I dont have a nifty picture like Bullit, but "LOL WUT?"

I am sad; going to a t'intewebs site containing an urban dictionary and looking up what "LOL WUT?" means but coming away as perplexed as I was before going there.

I am sad; going to a t'intewebs site containing an urban dictionary and looking up what "LOL WUT?" means but coming away as perplexed as I was before going there.

Then we are both in the same boat mate!

Somewhere between the Southern hemisphere IRB hijacking and the game reinventing i got lost.

Then we are both in the same boat mate!

Somewhere between the Southern hemisphere IRB hijacking and the game reinventing i got lost.

NZ has a small gene pool so at least you have an excuse for misunderesterating me.

This test matches which run in these days showed that SH teams still stand above NH-ers :D

NZ has a small gene pool so at least you have an excuse for misunderesterating me.

Straight away with the low-blows haha, well at least we managed to get a little bit of sporting talent into that tiny gene pool. And apparently having a multitude of sperm to choose from in your country doesn't guarantee that the occupants will be able to spell properly, "misunderesterating"?

But seriously, hijacking?

This test matches which run in these days showed that SH teams still stand above NH-ers :D

That would be a valid point if test rugby had anything in the slightest to do with club or provincial rugby.

Straight away with the low-blows haha, well at least we managed to get a little bit of sporting talent into that tiny gene pool. And apparently having a multitude of sperm to choose from in your country doesn't guarantee that the occupants will be able to spell properly, "misunderesterating"?

But seriously, hijacking?

Jeez, The sense of humour by-pass operation worked then. Seriously, you start **** with "LOL WUTS" aimed at me and then take offence when I take the **** out of you?

"misunderesterating" would be a bit like a Bushism wouldn't it?

Point being, I'd rather not watch Rugby Leagion which is where the SH wants the game to go. If you need to attract audience share then that's fine but, there's a lot of Union fans who don't want to make that journey with you.

How so? A bunch of SA has-beens dragged a team kicking and screaming to their first GP final.

And won nothing all season! :p

Seriously though, the setup, the tactics, the mentalities, the friendships between the squad, the fans... Everything in Club or provincial rugby is a million miles away from the international teams.

Jeez, The sense of humour by-pass operation worked then. Seriously, you start **** with "LOL WUTS" aimed at me and then take offence when I take the **** out of you?

"misunderesterating" would be a bit like a Bushism wouldn't it?

Point being, I'd rather not watch Rugby Leagion which is where the SH wants the game to go. If you need to attract audience share then that's fine but, there's a lot of Union fans who don't want to make that journey with you.

No offense taken at all mate, i found your little dig quite funny to be honest. I just felt it would better to return with one of my own. Its just banter after all.
And i felt that reaction was called for, you were spouting conspiracy theories. I half expected you to describe in detail how Richie McCaw and Rocky Elsom donned balaclavas and wielded machetes as the burst into the IRB headquarters and hijacked the game of rugby union..

There have been plenty of rule changes over the history of the game, not many of them have been made by the SH and i think you would actually be surprised at just how little power they have compared to the oldboys club up north. The interest in rugby was waning due to the lack of running rugby and the IRB didn't like it so they decided to change the rules, it may have benefited NZs game (It was a kick in the guts for SA with the tactics they have been playing to be honest) but it never would have gone through if there weren't parties in the north that wanted it. If the SH really were controlling the game then Lifiemi Mafi would be able to play for Tonga and Casey Laulala for Samoa as they have been campaigning for for years but the greater sway of the NH has stopped that from happening.

That would be a valid point if test rugby had anything in the slightest to do with club or provincial rugby.

Well, I agree you buddy, but I came from the facts about the national teams' statistics

Latest posts