• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Books

B

best_fullback

Hi,

As some of you may know I am currently conducting a training blog over in Universitas Rugbeia about my move from three-quarters to fly half. (If you want to check it out and haven't already there is a link to the thread on the forum in my sig. If you want to see it with a contents section, so you can easily read any of the posts, go to the website at the bottom of my sig.)

As I am getting more into the rhythm of playing fly half, I was wondering if anyone here knew of any good Rugby books for fly halfs? I have been searching the Internet and can't find any. I want to further my game that bit more with the knowledge a book would give me. I have already seen the Jonny Wilkinson book called 'How to play rugby my way', but it seemed very simplistic. I am thinking of buying it anyway though.

I swear I also remember seeing a book by Grant Fox once about the positional play for a fly half. Does anyone know of that?

Seriously, any help would be appreciated! Please check out my blog if you are passing through also! :)

I've read one but I can't remember its name, it had a chapter for each position.

It would be good to have some of those books,videos or stuff. It really helps to become a better player.

I have a book at home, called 'Rugby Union' by John Dawes. It's part of the Pelham pictorial sports instruction series. It is an old book published in 1980, and possibly aimed at kids, but it's pretty good nontheless. I bought it in a charity shop for a cheapo price. So if you keep an eye out in charity shops, car boot sales, you might be able to pick up something similar. I hope this helps.

The book Dan Carter brought out a couple of years could be useful. The first couple of chapters are based around skill work.

Latest posts