• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Canada posts footage of 27-27 draw against Ireland

RWC2011Fan

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Ireland
I know I made a thread about this a while ago, so for anyone interested in seeing it:

Surprised it was televised given the type of ground that they're playing in. Very different to the grounds that get in BMO Field these days.

Still, Canada must've been a good team back then. I remember they beat Scotland at a similar point in time. I don't think that's a second-string either. Recognize a lot of names there.

Last edited by a moderator:
The late 90's to early 2000's most games were televised by Rogers Sportsnet, than around 2004-05ish they stopped showing them, The Score picked up games after that and than we got a hodgepodge of coverage since. TSN now has most rights but they declined the away games and the Edmonton match last year very dissapointing.

That's Fletcher's Fields a cow patch outside of Toronto, it's so bad the League team dosen't even play there anymore nor do the Ontario Blues. Even before BMO, home games had been moved to York University which at least was a capable basic stadium.

Edit: I hadn't seen highlights of this in years, it was a great result but at the time was very dissapointing to much of the fanbase as we had a big lead that we blew. This really could have been a famous day for Canada with a win as it stands it was a good one with a draw.

The Canadian side at the time was fairly strong, I think a lot of fans these days base Canada off of our dismal 04-08 run where we were absymal. Results like this are entirely possible today if we got players available, we had Italy on the ropes at BMO in 2012 but our scrum was dreadful and at Hooker we had Pletch playing.

Last edited:
The late 90's to early 2000's most games were televised by Rogers Sportsnet, than around 2004-05ish they stopped showing them, The Score picked up games after that and than we got a hodgepodge of coverage since. TSN now has most rights but they declined the away games and the Edmonton match last year very dissapointing.

That's Fletcher's Fields a cow patch outside of Toronto, it's so bad the League team dosen't even play there anymore nor do the Ontario Blues. Even before BMO, home games had been moved to York University which at least was a capable basic stadium.

Edit: I hadn't seen highlights of this in years, it was a great result but at the time was very dissapointing to much of the fanbase as we had a big lead that we blew. This really could have been a famous day for Canada with a win as it stands it was a good one with a draw.

The Canadian side at the time was fairly strong, I think a lot of fans these days base Canada off of our dismal 04-08 run where we were absymal. Results like this are entirely possible today if we got players available, we had Italy on the ropes at BMO in 2012 but our scrum was dreadful and at Hooker we had Pletch playing.

The embarrassment he gave to Canada was at Rob Ford levels that day, the set piece single handedly lost that game. If the pack from the 90's to 00's era were playing that game Canada would have won comfortably, and they wouldn't have put up with that recent nonsense in Georgia either for that matter. Some nice play from the backs by Stanley and Stewart on that highlights video as well though, should have won that game going 21-8 up.

Whoa, I forgot the year 2000 was so long ago now.

Latest posts