English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
http://www.hes.net/newsite/generic.php?pagerequest=rc3pressrelease

7s, be a pro, several international licenses (so looks like the official rwc game will be without most of the top sides....).
If this has the aviva premiership/other NH clubs it looks like its going to be absolutely banging. Hopefully HB's terrible games licensing hasn't taken that away.

Yes! This looks amazing, can't wait. So SA, England, New Zealand and Aus licenses have been confirmed, but I fear they may be the only international teams otherwise I suspect they would have used screenshots including other teams. The press release mentions 11 competitions, including Super rugby (I assume the 2016 format?), Currie cup and ITM cup. So, 8 left, I would guess 4 of them will be the Aviva Prem, Pro 12, Top 14, Pro D2, then the other 4 will probably be the Champions Cup, Challenge cup, 6 Nations and Rugby Championship, although the Japanese Top League and perhaps the Pacific Nations Cup could be included instead of one (assuming the RWC license is tied up).

Edit: 1 important question - will there be licensing restrictions like RC1 and 2?

Already a buy for me, I didn't get 2 and I'm hungry for another game. I don't care about the Irish team being licences that much. If they get the NH Club season it could make for as great game. A career mode with the NH club season in my opinion would be the best for longevity. Taking a side from the championship to Europe is the dream... And will remain that methinks!!!

From the RC3 Fahub description on steam
You can also customize your team's look with hundreds of uniforms and emblems to choose from, allowing you to play in team strips from:
Super Rugby, Quad Nations, Euro Nations, Euro Club Championship, ITM Cup, Aviva Premiership Rugby, Bledisloe Cup Series, World Rugby Championship, French Division 1, French Division 2, Elite 12, European Knockout Cup, Pacific Rim Championship, African Nations Cup, South American Shield, Seven-A-Side Championship, International Seven-A-Side Series, Buildcorp National Rugby Championship and the ABSA Currie Cup.

Rugby Challenge 3 definitely a buy for me.

Be a pro, 7's and it looks like a sick game. Looking forward to the release.

Specific name drop of Aviva Premiership there, so I'm happy!
Gutted at the "euro nations" and generic french league names and "elite 12", though.

Specific name drop of Aviva Premiership there, so I'm happy!
Gutted at the "euro nations" and generic french league names and "elite 12", though.
Same here the Aviva Premiership sold it for me. Still a bit disappointed about the French Leagues not being Licensed. I always liked playing as Clermont and Lyon in the previous RC games. I guess that's the price we pay for having a full Super Rugby line up

Shame they lost the licences for the pro 12 and top 14, but I'm willing to support a game that actively innovates with each new release, regardless unlike HB who are still pumping out a heavily downgraded version of a game from 2007.

Yay!

Sign me up! Springboks, Super Rugby and Currie Cup. That alone has got me hooked. Although from that screenshot of the scrum it looks like we have a tighthead prop with a hairstyle like Todd Clever.

Will the names be correct or did they just get the team licenses?

Top 14, Pro D2 and most likely the Pro 12 is not licensed
In Rugby 15 didn't they release the pro 12 licensing later on then the other ones ?. Hopefully they're might be news regarding the Top 14, Pro D2 and the pro 12 later on but even if they don't i'm still buying the game.

By the sounds of it, the fan hub will make it easy to rectify the unlicensed player names. Also the kit editor sounds promising "hundreds of emblems and uniforms to choose from"

Same here the Aviva Premiership sold it for me. Still a bit disappointed about the French Leagues not being Licensed. I always liked playing as Clermont and Lyon in the previous RC games. I guess that's the price we pay for having a full Super Rugby line up

It sounds like you can download updates from the 'fanhub' which have different kits and logos (I assume you can also download squad updates too?), so I don't think a lack of licensing will be a problem as long as theres someone who's willing to make the updates first. Does anyone know if the fanhub is exclusively for steam or whether you can use it for xbox/ps?

Edit: ^great minds think alike

It sounds like you can download updates from the 'fanhub' which have different kits and logos (I assume you can also download squad updates too?), so I don't think a lack of licensing will be a problem as long as theres someone who's willing to make the updates first. Does anyone know if the fanhub is exclusively for steam or whether you can use it for xbox/ps?

It says somewhere (the actual press release I think) that they can be shared across all platforms so that sounds promising for me - I found it hard enough to find people's updates on the xbox 360 that I had to do them myself before the Xbox One and PS4 came out! I imagine the Xbox 360 users will be even less now!

Edit: ^great minds think alike
Yes, yes we do :lol:

I've only bought them for a tablet, never a console or PC, but I'm not buying another rugby game until they work out how to include intercepts. I have a long term dream for a length of the field intercept prop try that will happen.

Just downloaded the fanhub and had a look quickly. In the emblem section of create a team I found the likes of Perth Spirit and NSW Country Eagles which suggests that the National Rugby Championship is licensed.

There are also 100+ custom kits in addition to the ones that were there in the previous games.

As far as create a player is concerned, they have introduced attribute templates for each position. Whilst there are no new hairstyles, facial hairstyles or scrum hats, you can now add tattoos to arms and legs.

I've only bought them for a tablet, never a console or PC, but I'm not buying another rugby game until they work out how to include intercepts. I have a long term dream for a length of the field intercept prop try that will happen.

You could do that on Rugby Challenge 2, so you should be able to recreate Jamie George waddling away from the clutches of George Ford to score in the corner ;)

Just downloaded the fanhub and had a look quickly. In the emblem section of create a team I found the likes of Perth Spirit and NSW Country Eagles which suggests that the National Rugby Championship is licensed.
As I said earlier, it is.The Buildcorp National Rugby Championship is the NRC

Awesome! Still play RC2 with transfer restrictions removed on PS3 and it's a brilliant game, so much better than the diabolical Rugby 15. Add Sevens and more international licences to the equation and this looks very promising. Now, just got to hope hope hope that they snag the WRU licence and I'll be a very happy man :)

Latest posts