• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby CHallenge 3 in a Nutshell ( With a little story )

JohnKA

Bench Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Sharks
Okay before I had the game everyone said the game is a clone of RC2 with new clothes on , well ... it is , I only bought this game because since I was a little boy I wanted be a pro on a rugby game and now we have it so that is the only game mode I play ... I am in my third season on be a pro now I play in the Currie Cup for the Sharks and I play as a FH #10 so this is what happened ...

I start my career , have to name my Pro and make him look awesome and he does !!! but ... I can't give him my full name as when I put in my surname it cuts out the spaces looking like this "vanEeden" bloody stupid but okay so I made his surname SMITH

First 4 - 5 games were good was a bit rusty and thought the goals I have were crazy ... want me to make 63 running meters and my pro is so very slow as soon as I get the ball I get smacked with a tackle so things did not go so well ... about mid season I got the hang of things and notice I can employ a kicking game and it works !!! so I started being a NAAS BOTHA FH kicking everything and things went well ( still no running meters ) we made the semi final and won and faced the Cheetahs in the Final ... and all of a sudden nobody in our team could catch the ball anymore we scrummed the entire match and at the end we lost 10 - 0 no BMT in our team at all !!

So the season ended and well nobody want a kicking FH so I stayed with the SHARKS

Next season came ...

My Pro rating was down about 2 or 3 points (must be all the Burgers I ate in off-Season) we started off with a friendly against the Kings and almost the entire team were new now we had players from Canada , the US and Ireland in the team , but man was I on fire , all of a sudden I was breaking lines and hitting gaps like a bloody centre scored my first try as well

The season went great and I was the Kingpin of the team , scoring tries keeping the opposition at bay with huge tackles and putting the ball in the corners with the boot , we got to the Final again vs the bloody Cheetahs and they won 3 - 0

So the Kings and Pumas made offers but I refused , I want to stay at the Sharks and one day play SUPER RUGBY for the Sharks

So in a nutshell I rate this game about 7 / 10 it is fun but you have to be a Rugby fan otherwise don't bother
The game can get a bit boring
Scrums and line-outs can go any way , very stupid so don't get to happy about a 5 m scrum on opposition goal line
TOO MANY knock-ons
Hardly penalties
Pro goals are stupid why would a FH have to win a bloody breakdown

But ...

It is rugby so I will keep playing it anyway ...

I played a few seasons as a FH for the currie cup sharks. But for some reason they kept using Andre Esterhuisen as the designated goal, penalty kicker. Worked very hard and kicked a lot of drop goals but nothing. I also had better kicking stats than him so that did not make sense at all.

Hahahaha John!

That was a fun read. I started playing the game last night and I feel your pain.

I played a few seasons as a FH for the currie cup sharks. But for some reason they kept using Andre Esterhuisen as the designated goal, penalty kicker. Worked very hard and kicked a lot of drop goals but nothing. I also had better kicking stats than him so that did not make sense at all.

Yeah you first have to let that bar fill up saying play kicker and goal kicker but it takes bloody long , and Andre Esterhuizen kicking ?! the guy can hardly catch the ball in my be a pro but they play him at wing , anyway do you guys ever get picked in another position other then your primary I can play fullback as well but have been picked at FH every match !! maybe they like me

- - - Updated - - -

Hahahaha John!

That was a fun read. I started playing the game last night and I feel your pain.

Glad you enjoyed it !! MORE to follow ... from the infamous John Smith saga

What team do you play for and what position ? share your story with us and please don't say the Cheetahs they are my nightmare in this game ATM

I play for WP and in the first game the cheetahs thrashed us 28 - 0, i play as a winger but i steal the ball at every breakdown, i think i should consider myself a flanker, anyway my be a pro is bloody slow, do your stats increase after a couple of games?

I play for WP and in the first game the cheetahs thrashed us 28 - 0, i play as a winger but i steal the ball at every breakdown, i think i should consider myself a flanker, anyway my be a pro is bloody slow, do your stats increase after a couple of games?

Yes , but only if you complete your goals

No! I will forever be the underdog, my tale is not a tale nay. But a saga.

Only a man born in the coldest of the cold with the blood of the vikings running through his veins can defeat the mightiest team in the world. (the mother###ing cheetahs at this moment for me as well) Ragnar Catslayer, imported from Norway, runs out at 10 for the ORC Griquas. His bald head and fierce tattoos striking fear into his enemies. He may not have many running metres gained after ever match, but boy he can kick, ruck and tackle.

Wait am I playing a 10 or John Eales?

No! I will forever be the underdog, my tale is not a tale nay. But a saga.

Only a man born in the coldest of the cold with the blood of the vikings running through his veins can defeat the mightiest team in the world. (the mother###ing cheetahs at this moment for me as well) Ragnar Catslayer, imported from Norway, runs out at 10 for the ORC Griquas. His bald head and fierce tattoos striking fear into his enemies. He may not have many running metres gained after ever match, but boy he can kick, ruck and tackle.

Wait am I playing a 10 or John Eales?

HAHA Ragnar Catslayer !! why did I not think of that , I was selected for the BOKS played the Argies in my first cap next match the All blacks and as I go into the game it crashes and says " contact the developers " I don't want to bloody contact them I want to contact the coach and get me a rematch

Good one sker, sad to say that with my oke i am going to have to put in far more longer play time to get a better player.

Good one sker, sad to say that with my oke i am going to have to put in far more longer play time to get a better player.

Play as much games as possible and focus on your goals , first season you will suck I became a decent player mid way second season

I'm playing career mode now, and after losing 5 games in a row I had the epiphany that you can't pass while sprinting. Good to know. The only thing I wish I had now now was a minimap (I play side view) and none of that slow mo stuff when kicking

I'm playing career mode now, and after losing 5 games in a row I had the epiphany that you can't pass while sprinting. Good to know. The only thing I wish I had now now was a minimap (I play side view) and none of that slow mo stuff when kicking

I won't even bother with career because of no player progression

I replaced Montauban with my local club (new players, the lot; and lets be honest, I was never going to play Montauban anyway...), so played an 'amateur season' or two, then got selected by a Premiership club haha.
Been playing as a 9 as I do in real life, great fun and the goals aren't too bad......that said, am I the only one who groans when the game sets me the goal of 'No Penalties, No Handling errors? :rolleyes: This game is so volatile....get creamed at the first pickup and knock the ball on knowing the entire match is now a waste. Love it anyway though!

I replaced Montauban with my local club (new players, the lot; and lets be honest, I was never going to play Montauban anyway...), so played an 'amateur season' or two, then got selected by a Premiership club haha.
Been playing as a 9 as I do in real life, great fun and the goals aren't too bad......that said, am I the only one who groans when the game sets me the goal of 'No Penalties, No Handling errors? :rolleyes: This game is so volatile....get creamed at the first pickup and knock the ball on knowing the entire match is now a waste. Love it anyway though!

I play as a 10 and smash everyone with a aggressive tackle I make more tackles than my flanks so I concede a few penalties also but I don't care I like smashing the players

Latest posts