• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Challenge 3 (Trailer Real)

Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dUhxiER64A

What do you think?

Insaneo

I'm disappointed. I have been trying to be optimistic since its announcement, but this looks like the same game which has been modded by a skilled community member. Sevens will be fun and interesting I think, but from that trailer it is the exact same animations from RC1 even. On a South African side I am also annoyed and frustrated that they got the South African license (and English license) and didn't even bother to put in real game faces like we saw for Australia and New Zealand in the previous games. It doesn't even seem that Australia and New Zealand faces have been updated for new players.

I'm not holding up much hope for the actual gameplay being different if they haven't really adjusted any of the visible things. Stop giving this game to guys who aren't well known and have no history with good sport games and just give this to Big Ant already.

What frustrates me a bit is that at the beginning they were pushing this as the first rugby game on the new consoles with next gen graphics. Looking at the screenshots from the press release it is the exact same graphics from RC1. This is Rugby Challenge 1.2 (because Rugby Challenge 2 was Rugby Challenge 1.1). This should all just be an update like we see in the rugby union team manager games from Alternative Software. If you look at other games, this game is no more than dlc on a previous game. It's a really shoddy effort. I'm really frustrated and angry by this all.

Looks absolutely awful. Lazy lazy game development. If I thought they'd updated a single animation , or put in a single new unique face (they've probably had to remove the likeness of any Pro12 player they put in for the Lions), I might have given it a chance, despite the fact they managed to lose the French and Pro 12 license and put zero effort into them as per usual. 7s is literally the only improvement since the last game and those "next-gen graphics" are clearly a pipe dream.

Looks pretty decent to me, they seem to have a lot going on, and in addition there is now a player hub, so we can update teams and create PRO12 teams etc., plus it includes the Sevens and Be a Pro. I am looking forward to giving it a go.

Hearing rumours that kits probably aren't gonna be available to download for Console users. Hopefully not true as my laptop definitely won't run this...

ScottishCannon contradicts himself all over the place in his comments when people ask him, doesn't help :rolleyes:

The thing that bothers me the most about the Rugby Challenge games is that the movement of players and the animations of lineouts, scrums and attacking moves just isn't fluid enough. You can obviously tell it's seperate animations pieced together in real-time and one movement doesn't flow seamlessly into the next like on big-budget mainstream games like Fifa. I think this is why Rugby 06 and 08 are still better than any of the rugby challenge games - the game just flows well (mostly because it was made by EA).

I kind of want EA to create another rugby game and see what they could come out with these days, even though EA are evil and would probably make the rugby ball itself downloadable content that you had to buy afterwards in order to actually play the game.

Whatever people, get over the little annoyances about it being too similar to previous rugby challenge games. There are a lot of additions that gives the game a lot of bang for your buck. Sevens, be a pro, fanhub etc. are HUGE additions and NOT lazy! We've been crying for these modes ever since the dawn of rugby gaming, so just appreciate it! We're not getting the fifa quality rugby game, just accept it.

Rugby challenge previously already played like a sevens game, so I'm excited to play an actual sevens game with the same engine. I think this is gonna be loads of fun!

Whatever people, get over the little annoyances about it being too similar to previous rugby challenge games. There are a lot of additions that gives the game a lot of bang for your buck. Sevens, be a pro, fanhub etc. are HUGE additions and NOT lazy! We've been crying for these modes ever since the dawn of rugby gaming, so just appreciate it! We're not getting the fifa quality rugby game, just accept it.

Rugby challenge previously already played like a sevens game, so I'm excited to play an actual sevens game with the same engine. I think this is gonna be loads of fun!

Really??

So you are willing to pay R700+ for this crap that you can just as well get from playing RC1 or RC2?? I would rather take that money and give it to the Zuma, he's gonna need it!

As they want me to pay about 60 odd quid for this patch (that took 4 years to do) I'm not gonna get over it. Fan hub is a good addition as it allows people to fix their poor work (probably only on PC), but be a Pro doesn't interest me a bit and seeing as how backwards the AI is I can't see it working well. 7's yeah sure good addition for many people I'm sure, will probably be funnier than the actual game but the AI is still too poor for it to go seamlessly.
Should have Focused on improving the base game!

I'm not sure if I agree that is "bang for your buck" tbh. Be a pro is probably a fairly easy addition for the makers to put into the game and should have been done ages ago, fanhub is just something that should come with the game anyway and I'm not bothered about. Sevens is the only thing that might be a pleasant surprise, but even then I'm not going to fork out £40+ for a game of sevens. I'd rather get an NHL game or something equally as fun for 3 quid at the second-hand game store.

No one has played the game yet.

I for one am looking forward to it

Definitely not bang for your buck if its essentially the same content as the last two games (both of which I own), with some content actually cut out in places (Pro 12 etc.) Yeah 7's is a nice addition, and will probably suit the RC franchise game style, but as @Ospreylian said the animation has always been a bit too jerky for it too look and feel fluid.

I'm also a bit worried that there's little mention of a proper career mode (as in a manager one rather than the "Be a Pro"? Always was a weak aspect of the RC franchise anyway, so not expecting much from it. Here's hoping we'll one day get a FIFA level multi year manager mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant see anything different gameplay wise. i know its the same engine and what not but if its all EXACTLY the same just with be a pro and 7's then thats just lazy. even the graphics look the same to me.

Latest posts