• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Championship: New Zealand - South Africa (15/09/2012)

Darwin

AKA Dingo_Darwin
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Highlanders
TRC.png

Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin (15-09-2012, 07:35 GMT)
New%20Zealand.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
South%20Africa.png

Referee: G Clancy
30px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png

Assistants: R Poite & J Leckie
Television match official: V Munro
30px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png

Are you going, Darwin?

Yep - I haven't missed an AB's test in Dunedin for 10 or so years. Cost me a small fortune though - it was twice as much for this single match as it was for my Otago season ticket (which includes 5 matches), therefore I'm expecting this to be ten times as good as the average Otago match ;)

why do i get a feeling the Boks are going to win this one...

why do i get a feeling the Boks are going to win this one...

You have been drinking ;)

Actually last time we played the Boks in Dunedin we lost (2008 I think) - Ricky Januarie of all people scored a brilliant individual try that sealed the game for South Africa :eek:

At least we know that the weather is guaranteed to be fine in sunny Dunedin.....

You have been drinking ;)

Actually last time we played the Boks in Dunedin we lost (2008 I think) - Ricky Januarie of all people scored a brilliant individual try that sealed the game for South Africa :eek:

At least we know that the weather is guaranteed to be fine in sunny Dunedin.....

It was also the first year when PDV was the coach of the boks... Could history repeat itself??

Hahaha SA won't win this by a long shot!!!:lol:

Just being honest! Now let me go bet my whole Vcash on NZ:D

Lambie will be on the bench for at least 70 minutes, we (Morne) will miss 2 penalties and lose the match by 5 points

Yep - I haven't missed an AB's test in Dunedin for 10 or so years. Cost me a small fortune though - it was twice as much for this single match as it was for my Otago season ticket (which includes 5 matches), therefore I'm expecting this to be ten times as good as the average Otago match ;)

Enjoy! If I knew this a few weeks back I could have sent you a Springboks kit to wear.

Edit: oops accidentally made a post for the currie cup thread here.

Meyer said that the Boks lacked experience and that is what cost them the game. Bullshit experience was the reason we lost the damn game, JdV was poor, Morne was poor, Beast was pretty shite and Pienaar was just plain okay. When Goosen came on he was pure awesomeness squared.

Anyway we'll probably see Morne start again. Yay.

Last edited:
I dunno...NZ looked very defeatable for a long while in that Argentina game...at home, and they still hadn't scored a try until 65min. Two tries to one at home...against Argentina.
Granted they played great defense those Pumas...

SA hasn't impressed a lot. Strong statement at home against those same Pumas, but the draw on the road and then an ample defeat in Australia...
I'd go NZ 60-40% SA. I'm still betting on NZ though...because I'm a spineless coward of course.

I strongly want to believe that Hansen used the Arg game to test a few options combinations to prove to himself and the players who the preferred 1st choice players are per position... Look at the players that where swopped, white lock out, ratlick in. Messam out Vito in, Gear out, savea in... so the AB were always going to struggle in that game, the teams momentum from the Aus game was broken... Nonu & smith combo last played together when??? Now the AB players know themselves and Henson who his preferred 1st team is... and I can tell you messam is the preferred no6... I can't confirm the locks or left winger :? Romano had a very good game... so the AB will start to build again from this week on... That is why I feel SA will win this one :(

all blacks will win

Etzebeth is out, ban for a head but, he's been one of their best players.

Messam to start, the Aaron Smith - Cruden and Nonu - Conrad Smith combinations to be better after last weekend.

I'd start Ben Smith on the wing. Though Saveas step up towards the end of the last test may see him hold his spot.

All Blacks have only let in 1 try in two games, springboks attack will really struggle.

I'll never forget that game in 2008, Brad Thorn was on suspension, it was Anthony Boric's Debut and Andy Elis was 9 and had a shocker game. All Blacks were still looked to be cruising to a win though when Ricky Januarie pulled off a bit of individual magic and luck with a bounce that perfectly favored him to score a superb try at the death.

That game was like the first time since forever the Boks had won in Dunedin - I hardly expect them to win again so soon :)

I dunno...NZ looked very defeatable for a long while in that Argentina game...at home, and they still hadn't scored a try until 65min. Two tries to one at home...against Argentina.
Granted they played great defense those Pumas...

When you are up against a side who defend at the expense of all else, you have to keep battering the hell out of them until they break. Sometimes that can happen early in the second half; sometimes it takes until near the end of the game.

Also, I would not be reading anything into the Argentina match. The conditions under which that game was played were diabolical. You didn't really get how bad it was watching on TV. I wasn't there, but I lived in Wellington for two years when I was in the military, and I know exactly what it was like. There is a old saying about Wellington and umbrellas that tells the story...."if its not raining you don't need one, if it is raining you can't use one"

All Blacks have only let in 1 try in two games, springboks attack will really struggle.

i heard somewhere is only four tries in the last six games, anyone know how many tries are we averaging over the same peroid?

Enjoy! If I knew this a few weeks back I could have sent you a Springboks kit to wear.

Nah I'm good thanks - I'm not a big fan of wearing rugby jerseys to rugby games unless I'm playing. I am going with a South African friend though who will no doubt be wearing his Boks jersey, and will probably get himself smacked by the odd AB's supporter as he is a bit mouthy at times!

Anyways.... As others have mentioned I don't think much can be read into the Argentina match due to the weather conditions. Luckily it never rains at Forsyth Barr Stadium so we will (hopefully) get to see a much more expansive match, and the AB's will (hopefully) finally start to click!

Ehh, I wouldn't be too worried about the Boks. They always seem to rise to the occasion against the ABs.

Expect another close game.

All I'm hoping for is for the ABs to not the drop the ball, hang onto those passes, and for the same passes not to go to gorund and/or the touchline.

Nah I'm good thanks - I'm not a big fan of wearing rugby jerseys to rugby games unless I'm playing. I am going with a South African friend though who will no doubt be wearing his Boks jersey, and will probably get himself smacked by the odd AB's supporter as he is a bit mouthy at times!

Anyways.... As others have mentioned I don't think much can be read into the Argentina match due to the weather conditions. Luckily it never rains at Forsyth Barr Stadium so we will (hopefully) get to see a much more expansive match, and the AB's will (hopefully) finally start to click!

Would it help if I said it was just a green jumper with the Bok on it? Circa RWC'95 ;)

without doing the math I'm pretty sure this game could decide the Rugby Championship a NZ win would put NZ on 16-17 points and SA on 7-8 points if Aus win they will be on 8-9 points

If that happened I guess SA & AUS would need to rely on Argentina beating the all blacks and hoping they are denied a losers bonus point as well.

basically do or die for South Africa

Latest posts