• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Clubs in Europe

Q

QLD

I've been told that people from Australia go over there and play rugby for clubs in Europe, from England to even the Netherlands, even getting paid/offered a job, accommodation because clubs are sponsored/run by local businessman. Does anyone have knowledge of this, I'd love to use rugby to meet new people and possibly get offered other opportunities like a job. Even Spain/France would be awesome.

I'd send your CV to Worcester, they just lost their resident Aussie recently and are looking for another..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 18 2010, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've been told that people from Australia go over there and play rugby for clubs in Europe, from England to even the Netherlands, even getting paid/offered a job, accommodation because clubs are sponsored/run by local businessman. Does anyone have knowledge of this, I'd love to use rugby to meet new people and possibly get offered other opportunities like a job. Even Spain/France would be awesome.[/b]

English schools are stuffed full of antipodeans who teach sport. So you could get paid to teach rugby to kids, which is what I did for 3 months last year - great fun.

Leinster have been without an Australian since Rocky left. Go for an interview there

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 19 2010, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Eh? Shaun Berne.[/b]

woops! Well maybe they won't mind having 2 Aussies... All the other players would have to hide all of their valuables...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 19 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Going to London and working in a bar is always an alternative.[/b]

Yes, remember your natural role in life as an Australian:

Us Brits brew the beer and you Aussies serve it to us! Aaahahahahahahahaaaa!

....alternatively you could teach rugby in schools :unsure:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 20 2010, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Some unusual replies but I was after something like this. A club which would give you employment like working in a pub. I've got an UK passport so I could go anywhere in Europe. Spain would be awesome. I guess my first task is becoming a half decent player first.

My cousin said his div 3 side in the Ireland league a Kiwi bloke gets paid 30,000 euro and a job while some other where between 10,000 and 20,000.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 20 2010, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 20 2010, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some unusual replies but I was after something like this. A club which would give you employment like working in a pub. I've got an UK passport so I could go anywhere in Europe. Spain would be awesome. I guess my first task is becoming a half decent player first.

My cousin said his div 3 side in the Ireland league a Kiwi bloke gets paid 30,000 euro and a job while some other where between 10,000 and 20,000.
[/b][/quote]
Who does he play for??? In others words what div 3 side could afford that...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 20 2010, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 20 2010, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

I'm going to say Old Wesley. They're fairly loaded by the sounds of it.

It's common place for cricket players to come up here and play semi-pro in the lower levels during the Aussie off season, although I couldn't answer about any rugby clubs I'm aware of who will do the same.

Loads of clubs in and around London have schemes to recruit overseas players - they won't pay the players themselves, but have contacts with local employers (especially landscaping, building type jobs) so they get players over on the understanding that they will find them work and accommodation if they play for the club.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 21 2010, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 20 2010, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Carlow. Maybe when they were in div 1 they were paying players.

go to jersey or guernsey(small english speaking islands in the channel) they have to much for there own good because they have private investors. i live in leicester and jersey come and play around our area literally monthly.

Latest posts