• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Dump and youtube rugby videos

Q

QLD

What is going on. Rugbydump (who have a great collection of rugby videos) post their videos on youtube. I'm on their site and now I'm lucky if 1/10 of the video links still work. I'm searching on youtube for decent rugby videos and I'm struggling to find any. I remember there used to be at least 10 videos on Michael Lynagh's try against the Irish and many more old world cup ones but I cant find one. They've mostly been taken down due to copyright.
Why is this. I always thought youtube was great because you could find old classic sporting moments you wouldn't otherwise being able to watch again. Why cant rugby keep up with the modern times and let us watch all this rugby history - surely it would help get new fans from America or fans like Lekso from Georgia understand what the game is about and watch classic rugby moments which make the game what it is today.
Rugby league has a lot more videos I notice but still some are also being taken down due to copyright but they're set up sites like www.centenaryofrugbyleague.com which show videos of the Australia's rugby leagues best players, best tries, team documentaries and other video facts.
I wish there were more rugby union history videos on the net.

Loads of the videos have been removed by SANZAR due to copyright infringement, everything from 2005 onwards gets removed. Sky sports also take most of their stuff off. Im one of the few that regularly upload videos to my account-RDNonu- just because your account can be closed at any time.

Which really sucks.. <_<

This really ****** me off, what does it matter to them if we see a few highlights from past matches. It doesnt take anything away from them

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hendo Magpies @ Jun 22 2009, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This really ****** me off, what does it matter to them if we see a few highlights from past matches. It doesnt take anything away from them[/b]
I agree, it's not like a movie or a television show which they will either show again, or sell on dvd. Sport Matches, just like news reports aren't going to be reshown. It's over-application of the law. If they take them down, then I think they should see the desire to see such material and put it up. In the USofA NBC, along with FOX and a few other networks set up a site called HULU where they reshow tv shows, but are able to get commercial revenue. It'd be nice for these companies to do the same with sports. Where we can rewatch a match or highlights.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Jun 22 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hendo Magpies @ Jun 22 2009, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This really ****** me off, what does it matter to them if we see a few highlights from past matches. It doesnt take anything away from them[/b]
I agree, it's not like a movie or a television show which they will either show again, or sell on dvd. Sport Matches, just like news reports aren't going to be reshown. It's over-application of the law. If they take them down, then I think they should see the desire to see such material and put it up. In the USofA NBC, along with FOX and a few other networks set up a site called HULU where they reshow tv shows, but are able to get commercial revenue. It'd be nice for these companies to do the same with sports. Where we can rewatch a match or highlights.
[/b][/quote]

Money Money Money Always Sunny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts