• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Editor

K

kingwilko

Here, as promised, is a small tool to help fix some of the crashing issues.

Issue 1: Created players are crashing the game.
Solution: If the player is checked as a created player, uncheck them.

Explanation: There are created players in the rosters who have a conflict between their created player status and their assigned face. This will change their face as well but that is to ensure that a real face is chosen and prevent crashing. Checking the box to make someone a created player will result in them losing their normal face and appearing as an editable created player ingame.

Issue 2: There are missing texture problems with certain player faces.
Solution: Make sure that byte 93 says 0 when there are no extra textures in the face or change the face to one with extra textures.

Explanation: This is caused by players being assigned faces with extra textures in without the necessary editing in the hex, and by players being assigned faces with no extra textures when the hex (byte 93) says there should be an extra texture. The editor says whether each face has extra textures in it and also what is in byte 93. If there is a conflict between these the face id box will turn red. There are apparent conflicts in the default roster so this may not be 100% accurate.

Yes/No refers to whether or not the face big file has a hair texture in it.
Red background in the facebox means a conflict is present.
Warnings on/off will allow you to turn off the pop-up error box.
Readonly text box contains info about the face id: either the filename, a note that it's not in the gob or a note that it's a created face.

Any questions or bug reports in this thread please.

editorpic.jpg

Download link

Thanks for the editor kingwilko but I'm pretty clueless even thou you've explained it what do I do when the facebox turns red? I'm having heaps of the players turning red hope you can help cheers.

It turns red when there is likely to be a texture problem ingame. You need to either assign a different face with extra textures or change byte 93 to 0.

Kool editor mate, but if this is solved by changing the byte 93 to 0, how come you didn't just make a program to set all the byte 93's to 0? Sorry if this seems dumb i know nothing about bytes and what not :p

Kool editor mate, but if this is solved by changing the byte 93 to 0, how come you didn't just make a program to set all the byte 93's to 0? Sorry if this seems dumb i know nothing about bytes and what not :p [/b]

It's only solved by doing that when the face big file doesn't have extra textures. For players who have long hair etc byte 93 needs to be set to a non-zero value.

@ kingwilko

I noticed on one of your posts you posted what looked like an editor with the face images (the flat ones) which listed each player's big file with an image.

Do you know where i can find this, it would be very handy for amending my faces in the editor.

Was it an excel file? I can't seem to find it..

That was the editor I wrote for Woosaah to make the updates to Player Editor - I'll add it into this editor again shortly. Atm I'm working on an update to this to show how byte 93 works. For interest here is what I have so far:

Byte 93

Med hair style, low hair style - byte 93

bald, bald - 0
1_9, 1_9 - ? (used by R06 not R08)
1_10, 1_9 - ? (used by R06 not R08)
1_14, 1_9 - ? (used by R06 not R08)
1_15, bald - 32
1_15, 1_15 - 35
1_16, 2_16 - 51
1_17, 1_17 - 68
1_18, 2_18 - 86
1_3, 1_11 - 114
SCR, SCR - 135[/b]

The styles above are found in the 730eef...xml file and I'm working on making them appear in the editor here too so you can see exactly what byte 93 should be for each player.

Much easier to use version which tells you what the value of byte 93 should be based on the face chosen.

Download link

@ Fa'atau82 - I don't have time to add faces into this editor so here's the link for the viewer.

But is it possible to use for a player the "standard" created player face or i must use one of the "real" faces?

But is it possible to use for a player the "standard" created player face or i must use one of the "real" faces? [/b]

You can use either but obviously the "real" faces look better.
I've managed to add face previews in, I'm struggling a bit with the hair preview atm.

do you think if i edit the rosters and upload into my ps2, it'll work?(solve the problems?). Also Why are some players red even though they work good in the game? ala A.hore

do you think if i edit the rosters and upload into my ps2, it'll work?(solve the problems?). Also Why are some players red even though they work good in the game? ala A.hore [/b]

Can't see why it wouldn't work. A.Hore isn't red for me although there may be some players who have the extra texture in the face but as the game isn't looking for it (byte 93 is 0) there isn't a problem.

Right, I've rolled it all into one for you and fixed the preview error that happens with the extra texture players.
This is now your complete face editor ;)

FaceEditor.jpg

Download link

Excellent work kingwilko..

I used your face preview application and it gave me all i needed to know. Some random faces don't appear for some reason though.

Excellent work kingwilko..

I used your face preview application and it gave me all i needed to know. Some random faces don't appear for some reason though. [/b]

Which faces and I can probably sort it.

Nothing i really need. They always tend to be ones with tapes on, like M Horan or occasionally ones like Tuqiri. It realy is no worry, there are lots to choose from, and i havent had a poor match yet, apatrt from the obvious lack of oriental faces..

Thanks anyway, you rock!

It should now display for players who use ear tape and I've added in tmt support.

Thanks for this editor Kingwilko!I've just got one problem,the faces don't show when I use the editor?Is there a specific place where I must put the files?

Cheers
Ross

None as long as you input the paths correctly (into faces.xml) the first time you run the editor. Try going to faces.xml and entering the paths manually.
Anyway good news with the hair previews - I'm making slow progress but have now got the extra texture to preview as well :)

Latest posts