Rugby Europe Super Cup (RESC)

Bruce_ma gooshvili

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Georgia
The inaugural RE Super Cup reaches the sharp end this coming weekend. The Western Conference was settled long ago, with Lusitanos (Portugal) and Iberians (Spain) vanquishing Delta (Dutch) and Omic.... Brussels Devils (Belgians) to reach the playoffs.

More interestingly, in the Covid hit Eastern Conference, the valiant Penza (Russia) are eliminated, but rescheduled fixtures see the Tel Aviv Heat playing the second of their three home games in 8 days, this Wednesday, in that lovely Israeli suburb of... Tblisi Georgia. And yes, in 2021 that is a sentence that we all just have to roll with.

Tel Aviv's not so ragtag selection of Pacific Islanders, South Africans and Scottish Qualified South Africans play Russian champions Enisei in what is almost an elimination contest to see who is most likely to progress to the semi-finals from the Eastern Conference along with the favoured Georgian Black Lions. If nothing else, view it for the pleasure of hearing commentators squirming as they try to be faithful to the pronunciation of Tel Aviv captain Jordan Chait (rhymes with height) without getting the broadcast shut down.

With a planned expansion to 12 teams in 2023 and 16 teams in 2025 (including interest from the surging Poles and the not so surging Czechs) come see the fastest growing totally European rugby tournament featuring a load of South Africans a year before other totally European rugby tournaments expand quickly and get their own load of South Africans.

And honestly it'll be better than next years totally European Toyota Challenge rugby tournament which aims to see teams from Georgia, Germany, Spain, Romania, Russia, Kenya, Namibia and possibly South America (because... why not?), play the Toyota Cheetahs in South Africa... with added South Africans!

Its (still) 2021 and European Tier 2 rugby tournaments just got less kak (but more South African)!

Stream for this afternoons 'decider' between Tel Aviv Heat and Enisei at 1600hrs UTC.

Rugby Europe (requires registration)

Vimeo (no registration, but apparently no commentary)

TLV - Enisei STM

Pretty dramatic/dynamic so far. Bad defence from TLV,imo. Terrible scrum level from both sides

Typical, I miss the first 15mins and 27 points had been score!. Very intense and competitive fixture. Very unfortunate Tel Aviv got involved in a fight and referee blows play dead when they were certain to score.

Tel Aviv 7 points down at the half but with one more player for the first 8mins of the second half and one days extra rest in their legs. I think they will probably win. If they lose they will have just two days rest and then will have to beat the Black Lions in Tblisi, and I can't see that happening.

62 points in almost as many minutes. Defences have gone missing in action. And yes, my new handle isn't correct, thanks for the tip! But when you say goosevili it sounds better than gooseshvili. If I say that it sounds like I've forgotten to put my false teeth in.

Terribly stressful
Me, watching it now:

Edit: good game :cool: :cool: I missed a defence in Enisei's play in second half though (actually missed it in both sides)

Last edited:
You can come out from behind the sofa now :p. I hate getting predictions wrong but very pleased for Enisei as they have not enjoyed the tournament due to not being allowed to host games in Krasnoyarsk despite offering to pay travel expenses. Also, there is ill feeling with the Russian sides who think Tel Aviv are allowed to field more foreigners than they are.

Excellent game. It is great to attract private investment like Tel Aviv and it is a shame they couldn't play at home due to Covid. If they do not defeat Black Lion this weekend they are eliminated. Honestly, I think all four teams in the Eastern Conference are stronger than any in the Western Conference.

The inaugural RE Super Cup reaches the sharp end this coming weekend. The Western Conference was settled long ago, with Lusitanos (Portugal) and Iberians (Spain) vanquishing Delta (Dutch) and Omic.... Brussels Devils (Belgians) to reach the playoffs.

More interestingly, in the Covid hit Eastern Conference, the valiant Penza (Russia) are eliminated, but rescheduled fixtures see the Tel Aviv Heat playing the second of their three home games in 8 days, this Wednesday, in that lovely Israeli suburb of... Tblisi Georgia. And yes, in 2021 that is a sentence that we all just have to roll with.

Tel Aviv's not so ragtag selection of Pacific Islanders, South Africans and Scottish Qualified South Africans play Russian champions Enisei in what is almost an elimination contest to see who is most likely to progress to the semi-finals from the Eastern Conference along with the favoured Georgian Black Lions. If nothing else, view it for the pleasure of hearing commentators squirming as they try to be faithful to the pronunciation of Tel Aviv captain Jordan Chait (rhymes with height) without getting the broadcast shut down.

With a planned expansion to 12 teams in 2023 and 16 teams in 2025 (including interest from the surging Poles and the not so surging Czechs) come see the fastest growing totally European rugby tournament featuring a load of South Africans a year before other totally European rugby tournaments expand quickly and get their own load of South Africans.

And honestly it'll be better than next years totally European Toyota Challenge rugby tournament which aims to see teams from Georgia, Germany, Spain, Romania, Russia, Kenya, Namibia and possibly South America (because... why not?), play the Toyota Cheetahs in South Africa... with added South Africans!

Its (still) 2021 and European Tier 2 rugby tournaments just got less kak (but more South African)!Great post Bruce. I haven't seen any posts from you in a long time. I'm glad your back.

Its (still) 2021 and European Tier 2 rugby tournaments just got less kak (but more South African)!

Great post Bruce. I haven't seen any posts from you in a long time. Welcome back.

Tel Aviv Heat (Israel) vs Black Lion (Georgia) streaming at 1800hrs UTC tomorrow. Heat with only 2 days rest will face an uphill battle to stay alive in the competition. They are eliminated with a loss.

I'd hope this time Tel-Aviv wins..but realistically the winner will be Black lion

Yes, the unexpected journey back to Israel and the three day turnaround can't help. At least some Israeli fans are being able to see their team.

First try and painful to watch it :( poor Tel Aviv
And there's some aggression from Black Lion's side..they barely avoid a fight for the 2nd time there

Eek. I was hoping they'd get out to a good start before fatigue set in. Black Lion have the most impressive defensive play and set piece in the tournament in my opinion, so this is going to be tricky for then Heat to get scoring chances. Looking good for Enisei's qualification chances at least Yulia. :p

Latest posts