• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby/football stadium issues

Anything can be better than the ****e the Millennium had before! Desso do have good pitches. The Liberty Stadium's pitch is excellent, even withstood a pitch invasion by drunken students a few years back without much if any damage done!

Yeah - Desso's pitches are proven to be the best out there, that's not in question.

But the fact that there were parts of the MS pitch that were bare suggest poor maintenance - that wont change if the groundsmen don't change what they were doing before, I wouldn't think.

Gonna hope that they've poached the Liberty's groundsman then :p I guess time will tell with the MS, hoping it'll make the difference. That said, we missed out on the Euro 2020 games, and not likely to get any more before the airport gets a massive rehaul, so a full artificial could still be the way to go.

But the fact that there were parts of the MS pitch that were bare suggest poor maintenance - that wont change if the groundsmen don't change what they were doing before, I wouldn't think.

Sort of, apparently they don't get sufficient sunlight to grow, but (budget permitting) I'd have thought that it's within a head groundsman's remit to install hydroponics to rectify this problem. It seems like such an obvious answer that it's hard to believe that someone who gets paid to look after Wales' national stadium wouldn't have thought of it, so maybe there's a reason why it wouldn't work or hasn't been implemented.

As you say, it's not in Desso's interests for one of their pitches to be a lash up, so hopefully they offer sufficient after sales support to get past teething problems and make sure things work as they should.

I have no problem with Chelski playing at HQ as long as the normal calender of games there and at the Stoop are not disrupted. If all the quins games got changed to Friday night and some games at HQ such as the Army Navy got switched to Sundays it would be a price not worth paying.

Sort of, apparently they don't get sufficient sunlight to grow, but (budget permitting) I'd have thought that it's within a head groundsman's remit to install hydroponics to rectify this problem. It seems like such an obvious answer that it's hard to believe that someone who gets paid to look after Wales' national stadium wouldn't have thought of it, so maybe there's a reason why it wouldn't work or hasn't been implemented.

As you say, it's not in Desso's interests for one of their pitches to be a lash up, so hopefully they offer sufficient after sales support to get past teething problems and make sure things work as they should.

isn't the main problem with the millenium that the turf is rotatable - i.e. on removable pallets, so it never gets to bed down properly - same with stade de france.

Could you tell me the law about the area outside the pitch (how long from the touch-line and dealball-line)?

Could you tell me the law about the area outside the pitch (how long from the touch-line and dealball-line)?

Why?

You know about 99% of the questions you tro.....er, I mean ask are in the IRB laws of the game. Suggest you down load a copy and read.

Latest posts