• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Gaming - We MUST fight on for a Future

MoggsyBoy81

Academy Player
Don't play any games really apart from Rugby games. I was cleaning out my old room earlier and saw the PS2 collectin dust up on the wardrobe.

It got me thinking. I'd rather have a game of 08 than Rugby Challenge or RWC 2011. I don't think that is too far out with a lot of others thinking.

After having played A LOT of RWC 2011 and Rugby Challenge who would agree that between the two there is an AMZING rugby game?

Neither on its on has been as great as I'd hoped but together we're looking at a great rugby game. What do you think?

The licences and editor of Rugby Challenge, the feel of 08 in RWC 2011. The 'loose' play and off loads of Rugby Challenge with the set piece, set moves and player positioning (I.e. the no. 10 actually caching a ball from a scrum).

Together I think this could have been the best rugby game yet. So why didn't/don't HBF and SIDHE join forces? I for one think this would be the next best step to giving us what we want.

Keep campaigning for the next game! Great Forum.:)

What aspects would you merge together?

Personally I liked the looseness of JLRC but why could you never pass to your fly-half from a scrum or lineout? Preferred the whole look and feel of the RWC 2011 too.

I pretty much agree with you on features to merge. I miss set plays in Rugby Challenge - though it's my rugby game of choice based on physics and edit-ability.

They don't need anything ground breaking really, pretty much just add set plays to Rugby Challenge and fix minor issues and they're good to go. If they can't license the RWC, no biggie, we can always create our own tournaments like now.

I liked the movement in JLRC, but the learning curve was a bit funky. Once you got scrums down, they're pretty simple on any difficulty, but lineouts are practically impossible even on Easy. Positioning just seems kind of arbitrary though.

We need to get people talking to EA !! There games are sick and I believe they if they use there best technology we could have a good game on our hands :)

We need another developer to give a try, HB studios clearly don't have an ounce of innovation.

The dream team would be for EA to join forces with Sidhe.

Last edited:
What's all this talk of EA being good guys? Short term memories etc.

EA don't make rugby games any more. We're feeling pretty hopeful of another Rugby Challenge with Tru Blu though. We have a wishlist thread in our forums that gamers have been posting to with criticisms and requests, and between that and the list of stuff we wanted but couldn't put into the first game we are developing a priority list for any future developments.

EA don't make rugby games any more. We're feeling pretty hopeful of another Rugby Challenge with Tru Blu though. We have a wishlist thread in our forums that gamers have been posting to with criticisms and requests, and between that and the list of stuff we wanted but couldn't put into the first game we are developing a priority list for any future developments.
That certainly does sound promising.

Thanks for the update. :)

Ben Smith Rugby Challenge.
If you made a limited run, I can guarantee it would sell out on this forum alone.

ben_smith_rugby_challenge.png

Knocked that out in four minutes on Paint to amuse myself. It's alright if you don't look too closely. Or at all.

We need to get people talking to EA !! There games are sick and I believe they if they use there best technology we could have a good game on our hands :)

that is the problem people try and contact EA but EA dont seem to be intrested to make a rugby game at the moment. we need a rugby ultimate team!

EA stopped making Rugby games because they did not meet their minimum performance threshhold. It is incredibly unlikely that they will pick it up again.

Latest posts