• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby in Ukraine

Vladimir12

Bench Player
Country Flag
Russian Federation
Club or Nation
Russia
I decided to open the theme of rugby in Ukraine.

I hope somebody out here and will continue the theme.

A couple of hours I will lay out the link for the match Ukraine - Poland.

Those interested can see.:cool:

I don't know if the Ukrainian league wasn't played this season due to the war. However, three clubs from Odessa (including Credo-63, the strongest Ukrainian club) have played in a cross-border competition with Moldova, ambitiously named Eastern European League Rugby-15.

Here are the teams (three from Odessa and three from Chisinau, the capital of Moldova):
Credo-63 Odessa (champions)
Politehnik Odessa
Akademia Odessa
RC Triumf
Lupii Albi USEFS
Sporting-ASEM

On September 18, after the end of this competition, there was also an All-Star match between the select teams made of Odessa and Chisinau clubs.

According to http://credo63.com/, there were 8 teams in the Ukrainian championship 2015.
In the first match of the final, Olymp Kharkiv beat Kredo-63 Odessa 17-15 in Odessa. The second match should be played in Kharkiv, 14/11.

Olymp Kharkiv and Kredo-63 Odessa are the two teams which share the ***les in Ukraine.

Thank you guys, very interesting to know about this Eastern European League Rugby-15, very ambitious and pompous indeed.

I had a pre-season stint with the boys of Sokil Lviv way back in 2012 and it was mental! Very strong blokes... I came back to Brazil with both shoulders in need of surgical intervention. But then again, I was just a tiny Brazilian scrum-half trying to impress... =P

Good times!

Latest posts