• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2 trailer available for download

Hey, I have an idea! Everybody who enters their details, tick Xbox, and ONLY Xbox as the consoles you own. Yes?

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 12 2005, 04:43 PM
Hey, I have an idea! Everybody who enters their details, tick Xbox, and ONLY Xbox as the consoles you own. Yes?
While it may appear so on the surface to some, HES aren't that stupid.

Those details will have no bearing on whether or not the game gets released on Xbox.

Not a bad clip. It'd make a good TV commercial. The graphics look very slick (apart from the numbers on their backs) and so do all the animations. But realistically theres only around 20 seconds of game footage (once you take away all the black and white stuff at the begining) and it's probably all been polished a fair bit.
Still though, better than nothing.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 12 2005, 04:43 PM
While it may appear so on the surface to some, HES aren't that stupid.

Those details will have no bearing on whether or not the game gets released on Xbox.

Well they are stupid enough to sign a exclusive deal with sony.

.............why are they stupid for signing a deal with sony?

they get money dont they?

so they can make a better game.......stupid?

<

Sidhe is making a bad move if they've signed an exclusive rights package with Sony. I thought Australasia was Xbox's stronghold in the world, isn't there the highest percentage of Xbox to Ps2 users right here in NZ? Anyway, developing a game on Xbox, then porting to Ps2 would be easier, right? As it would only require a graphical downgrade..
<

Originally posted by bluesfan@Sep 14 2005, 04:18 PM
Sidhe is making a bad move if they've signed an exclusive rights package with Sony. I thought Australasia was Xbox's stronghold in the world, isn't there the highest percentage of Xbox to Ps2 users right here in NZ? Anyway, developing a game on Xbox, then porting to Ps2 would be easier, right? As it would only require a graphical downgrade..
<
To correct a couple of points (or three)

1. HES is the owner and publisher of the ***le, so if an exclsuive deal with Sony exists its everything to do with HES and nothing to do with Sidhe.

2. While the per capita sell through of Xbox in Australasia is higher than that of anywhere else in the world, the install base of PS2 consoles in the region is still massively larger and PS2 games outsell Xbox games by an order of magnitude.

3. 'Porting' any game to PS2 is hard. If there was an Xbox version, it wouldn't make it any easier than the current situation where there is additionally a PC version.

it wasn't a statement of preference from Mario of one console over another, it was a statement correcting an earlier posts lack of facts.

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Sep 14 2005, 07:13 PM
it wasn't a statement of preference from Mario of one console over another, it was a statement correcting an earlier posts lack of facts.
Indeed. I own both a PS2 and an Xbox (and a Gamecube) myself.

Each console has its merits.

Originally posted by Mario+Sep 14 2005, 07:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Sep 14 2005, 07:26 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen
@Sep 14 2005, 07:13 PM

Each console has its merits. [/b]
Out of curiosity, do you have a personal favourite. Don't sit on the fence please.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Sep 14 2005, 07:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Sep 14 2005, 07:32 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Mario@Sep 14 2005, 07:26 PM

Out of curiosity, do you have a personal favourite. Don't sit on the fence please. [/b]
As I said, each has its merits. I prefer the PS2 controller best, Xbox graphics are the best, and GameCube has some innovative ***les.

Overall, I probably play the PS2 most because the games I have for it are pretty easy to pick up and put down, and I don't have much time these days.

Originally posted by Mario+Sep 14 2005, 10:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Sep 14 2005, 10:32 PM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 14 2005, 07:32 PM

Out of curiosity, do you have a personal favourite. Don't sit on the fence please.
As I said, each has its merits. I prefer the PS2 controller best, Xbox graphics are the best, and GameCube has some innovative ***les.

Overall, I probably play the PS2 most because the games I have for it are pretty easy to pick up and put down, and I don't have much time these days. [/b]
Wow, I wasn't actually expecting an answer. I was trying to poke fun at your....professionalism when it comes to answering every question. Sorry.

Soooo......

...Is it coming on Xbox!?

If Xbox has sold so much in australasia, why will be dead last to get xbox 360? and a great deal later as well.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Sep 14 2005, 11:00 PM
If Xbox has sold so much in australasia, why will be dead last to get xbox 360? and a great deal later as well.
Because we are a very small market. Australasia just an insignificant dot compared to US/Europe/Asia in the gaming market. That's why we are last. It sucks, but that's how it has always been, and that's how it will always be... Unless, Sidhe go all hardware on our arse and make a console!? Wow I'm a brilliant thinker.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Sep 14 2005, 10:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Sep 14 2005, 10:36 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Mario@Sep 14 2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 14 2005, 07:32 PM

Overall, I probably play the PS2 most because the games I have for it are pretty easy to pick up and put down, and I don't have much time these days.
Wow, I wasn't actually expecting an answer. I was trying to poke fun at your....professionalism when it comes to answering every question. Sorry.

Soooo......

...Is it coming on Xbox!? [/b]
Wow, I wasn't actually expecting an answer. I was trying to poke fun at your....professionalism when it comes to answering every question. Sorry.[/QUOTE]
I would'nt try an mock him
who knows what will happen to ya.
<

Originally posted by kinkon89@Sep 13 2005, 08:39 PM
.............why are they stupid for signing a deal with sony?

they get money dont they?

so they can make a better game.......stupid?

<
Because I said so.

Do they.

Will they.

i own an xbox and a ps2 (well givin my ps2 to my dad, i dont' know what he wants it for lol) but i harldy play either. My pc is pretty good as i need it to do all my work and stuff on it. Damn programming lol
<
but yeah i like the pc better than all of them.

But if it was coming out on xbox i would get it on their just for the portablity of it. I will be playing league online a bit i can't wait
<

Latest posts