• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby league 3 announced

in the wii due in summer?
well i might take my jetski to the killer whale infested alaskan waters

Looks good ay, gameplay should be a lot different to what we've been getting used to for rugby related games. I'm pretty anxious for this release actually.

RL3_screenshot0001.jpg

RL3_screenshot0007.jpg

RL3_screenshot0011.jpg

So the first nexgen Rugby Game is League. It definitely pushes my thoughts towards getting a Wii this year. I wonder what the availability will be in the US for this game?

I did mention when I gave the exclusive about the world cup edition that RL3 was in development. However, I didn't expect this to be on the Wii. It makes no sense to me for it to be a Wii exclusive however, if I had one sport in mind that wouldn't lend itself well to that particular console, it's Rugby, either code. I'll give Sidhe a chance to see what they come up with and see if they have listened to the fans of course, but I am majorly disappointed that there's no news of any proper next gen games. Yet.

I just find it strange that a new and improved sequel with the ***le Rugby League 3 finds its way to the Wii of all consoles and on it's own.

I look forward to playing it though, it does show signs of improvement.

Well, I'm excited as all hell.

I get to put a beating on the Broncos, while looking like someone having a seizure every day!

This should be a fun little game. Hopefully it then crosses over to the PS3 and XBox360.

It's on Wii because it's the cheapest to develop for, if anyone else is wondering. They're not too confident that in taking somewhat of a niche, (A Rugby Video game) and making it even more niche (Making it League, not Union) they don't want to splash out too much cash, understandably.

I'll buy it just so that EA thinks twice about waiting for the next World Cup...

you also have to remember it's not just sidhe's decision since the publisher HES basically funds the entire project and naturally want to get some money back. if this wii version does well enough I can then see HES green lighting a 360/p3/pc version. it seems like HES is slowly gearing up for a 360/ps3 game with the ps2 rugby league world cup edition, that psp game coming and now a true full sequel rugby league 3 on the wii the next step would be to go 360/ps3.

2 League games in the 4th quarter of this year, Fan-flippen-tastic!.

It is a shame they aren't ready to go multiplatform just yet but the more improvements and good ideas that shine in the 2 new games, the better for the franchise as it does move to the PS3 and 360.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Aug 15 2009, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
2 League games in the 4th quarter of this year, Fan-flippen-tastic!.

It is a shame they aren't ready to go multiplatform just yet but the more improvements and good ideas that shine in the 2 new games, the better for the franchise as it does move to the PS3 and 360.[/b]

I'm out of the loop, what's the second League game?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Aug 14 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
you also have to remember it's not just sidhe's decision since the publisher HES basically funds the entire project and naturally want to get some money back. if this wii version does well enough I can then see HES green lighting a 360/p3/pc version. it seems like HES is slowly gearing up for a 360/ps3 game with the ps2 rugby league world cup edition, that psp game coming and now a true full sequel rugby league 3 on the wii the next step would be to go 360/ps3.[/b]

That does sound logical.

this is a big surprise. sadly, despite owning a wii I live in Japan and will not see a release or be able to import due to region locking.

Ill have to settle for the psp for now.

I really don't want to play Rugby League with a Wii-mote. Hopefully full joypad support is included.

Latest posts