• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 3

Originally posted by sanzar@May 9 2006, 01:35 AM
I don't know if you can all still remember, but Rugby 2004 was EA's second attempt, and it was a fair bit worse than RL2 to say the absolute least.
That's hardly a fair comparison though. Rugby 2004 was made by a completely different development team, using an entirely different engine.

Rugby 2001 was made by creative assembly, two points if you can tell me how good the rugny series would be if they stuck with them.

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 10 2006, 08:16 PM
They could easily make a league game at little cost if they used the same engine. They just need to add licenses and remove rucks, lineouts and adjust the kicking and scrums. They let the rugby devs use the fifa engine, so why not use that engine for League.
Yeah... but it would depend on who developed it. They would most likely (if they somehow came to the unlikely conclusion that it would be worth investing in) just get sidhe to continue making their current series, but under the EA license... Whether this would be a good thing is debatable, because as we all know EA would want a yearly series, which would see relatively minor improvements on each successive ***le.

Originally posted by sanzar+May 11 2006, 02:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@May 10 2006, 08:16 PM
They could easily make a league game at little cost if they used the same engine. They just need to add licenses and remove rucks, lineouts and adjust the kicking and scrums. They let the rugby devs use the fifa engine, so why not use that engine for League.
Yeah... but it would depend on who developed it. They would most likely (if they somehow came to the unlikely conclusion that it would be worth investing in) just get sidhe to continue making their current series, but under the EA license... Whether this would be a good thing is debatable, because as we all know EA would want a yearly series, which would see relatively minor improvements on each successive ***le. [/b]
I find annual ***le better for sports games

they involve rosters, which change annually, and i can accept trading in old for new, pay spread, get new rosters and minor improvements, than having wait 3 yr gaps, and order roster patches yearly, with ZERO game improvements.

Originally posted by ak47+May 11 2006, 02:21 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@May 11 2006, 02:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@May 10 2006, 08:16 PM

Yeah... but it would depend on who developed it. They would most likely (if they somehow came to the unlikely conclusion that it would be worth investing in) just get sidhe to continue making their current series, but under the EA license... Whether this would be a good thing is debatable, because as we all know EA would want a yearly series, which would see relatively minor improvements on each successive ***le.
I find annual ***le better for sports games

they involve rosters, which change annually, and i can accept trading in old for new, pay spread, get new rosters and minor improvements, than having wait 3 yr gaps, and order roster patches yearly, with ZERO game improvements. [/b]
Maybe... But I still think this is a pretty pointless conversation because EA will not make a rugby league game. Plain and simple, there would just be no point for them.

They should just get the rugby 06 devs to whip it up. Sidhe dont seem to be able to iron out the bugs that are killing their ***le, they managed to iron out the good things though?

I think the RC 06 engine would be the best, as it plays like league anyway.

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 11 2006, 03:52 PM
They should just get the rugby 06 devs to whip it up. Sidhe dont seem to be able to iron out the bugs that are killing their ***le, they managed to iron out the good things though?

I think the RC 06 engine would be the best, as it plays like league anyway.
not really... it plays like sevens I think, and it's a little TOO fluid, players should be affected by some momentum. As for sidhe not having what it takes... well I think you guys are being a little harsh, they've only made 2 league games, and neither had a very big budget, but they did well with what they had and RL2 shows a heck of a lot of promise in my opinion! It actually has a lot better idea's than Rugby 06, but just needs better implementation.

Originally posted by sanzar@May 11 2006, 04:57 PM
It actually has a lot better idea's than Rugby 06, but just needs better implementation.
obviously cant implement all those ideas coz the gameplay suffers

u gotto weigh up whats critical

Rugby06 does a better job overall

Originally posted by ak47+May 11 2006, 05:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@May 11 2006, 04:57 PM
It actually has a lot better idea's than Rugby 06, but just needs better implementation.
obviously cant implement all those ideas coz the gameplay suffers

u gotto weigh up whats critical

Rugby06 does a better job overall [/b]
Rugby 06 generally has smoother player movement, which is the main streagth of a game, but camera's are just as bad if not worse than RL2, the world league is no where near as good as the RL2 Franchise mode (though that has its fair share of problems) is way better than the silly fictional 'world league mode'. The passing system in RL2 is about even with R 06 with both having major drawbacks (Rugby 06 still takes ages to execute at times, RL2 players don't hit the ball at pace enough), kicking is better in RL2 in my opinion (you still always get tackled if a defender is anywhere near you in R06). But overall you're right, Rugby 06 does play better, but so it bloody should! It's EA's 4th attempt!

Latest posts