• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 3

G

getofmeland

So come on what do people think are the possibilities of a next gen version of Rugby League Series, I know there has been a lot of talk about it but nothing confirmed about it...

So do you think it will happen??

M

melon

I'd say they will make another Rugby League game, but not until atleast next year.

I'd really like to see a world cup feature in it so that the minnow nations can get some exposure. The players from those countries would really get a kick out of having computerised versions of them hehe and to a certain extent, i think it would promote the game. Bring it on i say!

W

woosaah

well online play would be good if its better than the online play from the last game. but there wasnt really a market for online play imo, its not that big a ***le.

I dont even know if they will make a rugby league 3. is it worth them doing it again? are they making enough money out of 1 and 2? i woudlnt be surprised if there wasnt one :)

A

ak47

even if we do see it

i wont buy it without renting

they are on 3 strikes

stick to MCC - thats quality

E

esoj

next-gen costs money and sidhe aren't exactly huge so would need big backing from a publisher to do so. also the ps3 is not even out yet in aus/nz etc which would defintely be a target for sidhe I would think since the success of gripshift on the psp especially.

I am sure another league game would be made but defintly not when the next-gen consoles aren't yet out everywhere in the targert markets. whether or not that means a 2008 version which includes the world cup remains to be seen.

W

woosaah

i dont think ps3 is a big issue for sidhe, they have already ported gripshit from psp to ps3 so i dont think it would be a huge effort for them to port the engine to ps3 for league. just having the money and the time to make all the highdef textures might be a bit of a mission. also their engine might be shown up a bit graphics wise if it isnt done properly.

E

esoj

yes they would have to improve the engine a great deal to bring it up to nex-gen specs. and I think the ps3 is a big deal for league because it will mean more sales and therefore money. the ps3 isn't out yet in a lot of their target markets for a league game so I doubt we would see one this year but perhaps an outside chance next year with it being the world cup if not then 2009 would be the year we see a league game if sidhe are still keen.

R

Radman

yes they would have to improve the engine a great deal to bring it up to nex-gen specs. and I think the ps3 is a big deal for league because it will mean more sales and therefore money. the ps3 isn't out yet in a lot of their target markets for a league game so I doubt we would see one this year but perhaps an outside chance next year with it being the world cup if not then 2009 would be the year we see a league game if sidhe are still keen.
[/b]
They should be keen, the League series is only their biggest seller.

I just hope they can get the backing to put out one last game sooner for PS2 and PC so we don't have to wait another two or three years for a next gen version.

T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

all i hope for is a quality playable game....come on mario im sure its not that hard...

K

knowsleyroader

all i hope for is a quality playable game....come on mario im sure its not that hard...
[/b]

RL2 is testement that SIDHE struggle with benchmarks such as quality and playable. Sidhe wernt up to last gen never mind next gen.

M

melon

Maybe they should have one more crack at it, hopefully it'd be a case of 3rd time lucky.

S

St Helens RLFC

Lot of work to be done, it must be said. I tried having another go at it the other week and I found it nigh on unplayable...

K

knowsleyroader

RL1 was far better than RL2 IMHO. If you ask me, gameplay was definately second to graphics, online and franchise. Again IMHO that was a huge mistake that im surprised SIDHE needed to learn.

I thought RL1 was an amazing product considering the development time and probably small budget. I had big, big hopes for RL2. That it seems was my mistake.

I would prefer the development on Ea Rugby to go on gameplay rather than adding the groundbreaking back of the box features like " Real time grass growing ".

D

dobrien7

Am yet to play a decent league game, and as a fan of the code that's disappointing...

M

melon

Am yet to play a decent league game, and as a fan of the code that's disappointing... [/b]

I agree, but if you consider the popularity of league and the money it would cost to produce a very good league game, i might not be that cost effective as a result of sales. Then again, it couldn't cost too much to develop i guess.

One day we'll get something half decent. By then TRF will be a huge influence in the rugby world :p

G

goranski

if they make this game i just hope they'll have a version for American consoles - which won't happen - however i'll buy the pc version if there is one - the last two were good IMO

Latest posts