• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League Challenge

R

Radman

There is a new Rugby League game for PSP being developed by Wicked Witch Software called Rugby League challenge due out in July.

Could be cool to have a Rugby League game to play on the go, may have to buy a PSP again if this is any good.

Link.

Cool, have an old PSP lying around somewhere, may have to start using that again then :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ May 6 2009, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They're working with HES? what happened to Sidhe? lol[/b]

HES have the rights not Sidhe. HES can get anyone to make the games for them if they wish. My guess is that Sidhe are being left to work on the bigger games and maybe rl3 is in development for the 360/ps3 etc. rugby challenge on psp could be another test HES is doing to see if there is enough of a market for an rl3 and of course they could also get Sidhe to do a wii port if the psp sells well enough. it is interesting though that a ps2 and psp version have been done which I think means HES are still interested in rugby league but maybe not quite keen to fund a full rl3 just yet.

Sidhe also recently announced they got more funding from TechNZ for their cross platform technology. this could be part of the rl3 development process maybe.
http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=36308

I couldnt find anything about these psp ***les on wicked with softwares website (the devs) but there are NRL and AFL mobile phone games. Given that these psp ***les are said to be released in July and the theres nothing about them on the devs website yet, I fear they will just be ports of the mobile phone games.

Has anyone played these?

wow - i better get a psp then
i reckon this could work
Being on the psp could do wonders for these ***les
I reckon our expectations are too high when they make consoles, as we want something similar to madden/fifa

U cant expect too much from a psp ***le, and I reckon it would be a lot of fun…especially on a long haul flight

There's a few pics HERE but they don't tell us much. Must be from an early build as there are no numbers on the jerseys.

that actually looks pretty cool. Definately not a port of the mobile phone one.

Me too, I'm keen to know what new features have been implemented, whether there are set plays in some form, how the players control, defensive options, how the kicking game works, whether there is a good kick chase, how the AI plays.

It's good to find out about it a month or so away from release as well, not having to wait 8 months and building the hype up too much.

If this turns out to be good, I might just have to pick up a PSP. I doubt it'll be any better than the PS2 RL games, though.

how hard is it to get a game like lomu on psp
all this has to do is have lomu esque movement and control

Hopefully Lomu will be available on PSone classics in the playstation online store one day. Its pretty cool, you can download Psone games for you PSP. It would awsome playing two player, may even be able to play each other online.

'Some people' have already got Jonah Lomu running on a PSP quite easily. Not quite certain on the legality of it, but Google can show you.

Latest posts