• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League Manager 2008

It seems it's definitely a full game, it will be out in time for Christmas, and, best of all, it will be free!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Nov 30 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://www.rugbyleaguemanager.co.uk

says late december so here's hoping it is out before christmas.
it looks pretty good for a fan effort, lets just hope sidhe/HES don't find out about it otherwise I think it will be shudtdown pretty quick.[/b]

Would they really have that power? It's possible he got licensing permission from the RFL. Even if he didn't, isn't it completely legal to include Sporting brands in a free product?

Yeah, I think he will be ok as long as he dosent sell it. I think he just cant use photos of players , but their names are ok.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Nov 30 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Nov 30 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.rugbyleaguemanager.co.uk

says late december so here's hoping it is out before christmas.
it looks pretty good for a fan effort, lets just hope sidhe/HES don't find out about it otherwise I think it will be shudtdown pretty quick.[/b]

Would they really have that power? It's possible he got licensing permission from the RFL. Even if he didn't, isn't it completely legal to include Sporting brands in a free product?
[/b][/quote]

SIDHE/HES got exclusive rights to both the nrl and superleague so I guess they could depending on just what those exclusive rights cover. I am pretty sure a similar project based on the nrl got shutdown by sidhe but they might have been because the guy was trying to sell it rather than any licensing/rghts issues.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 2 2008, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
looks like a hoax lolage probs a mod 4 a game.[/b]

Okay then... :p

Why exactly would anybody go to all that trouble for a hoax? Who would they even be hoaxing?

Is the above post a hoax?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Dec 2 2008, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 2 2008, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why exactly would anybody go to all that trouble for a hoax? Who would they even be hoaxing?

[/b][/quote]

is the above post made by a gay?

why dont u read it properly it could be a hoax but actually a mod for a game and there just made an internet page for it to get loads of people hyped and i google searched it and its unprofessional theres no database of it on any game websites.

use your knowledge if you have any.

jesus christ steynboi you actually get offended over anything he didnt say anything about you and you turn round and start lipping off. he asked a valid question and instead of answering you decided to call him gay and an idiot

nice and mature

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 2 2008, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

why dont u read it properly it could be a hoax but actually a mod for a game and there just made an internet page for it to get loads of people hyped and i google searched it and its unprofessional theres no database of it on any game websites.

use your knowledge if you have any.[/b]

Is there really any need for that at all? Totally needless. 100% pointless and mindlessly aggressive. I've had a number of small complaints about your attitude lately, and now I can see why. I suggest you apologise for that post, knock it off and grow up, before I receive a big complaint.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Dec 2 2008, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
jesus christ steynboi you actually get offended over anything he didnt say anything about you and you turn round and start lipping off. he asked a valid question and instead of answering you decided to call him gay and an idiot

nice and mature[/b]

no he neg repped me for saying that was a hoax there was no need.

my attitude has been fine i haven't done anything latley.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 3 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Dec 2 2008, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Anyone who thinks that questioning somebody's sexuality is a legitimate insult is quite blatently an inadequate human being. Your theory, while very interesting, fails on two fronts: firstly, what game would that be a mod of? Nobody has the modding expertise to transform a Football managing game into a Rugby management game - it's too different. Also, the Rugby League fanbase isn't big enough for such a hoax to be worth the maker's while - when he turned around and said: "Ha ha! I was joking", very few people would truely care. Of course it's unprofessional - it's freeware.

Use your reading skills, if you have any.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 4 2008, 05:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Dec 2 2008, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nice and mature[/b]

[/b][/quote]

You said something very stupid (not to mention disrepectful to whoever dedicates their time to making this game), and actually used the term 'lolage' - I think there was plenty of need.

Anyway, I'll cut you a deal. SInce you're so sure of the sense behind what you say, then why don't we have a friendly wager on whether or not this game is real? Since you love your 'rep' so much, then those can be the stakes - if the game isn't released, then I'll take away (if it's possible) the 'neg rep' I gave you. If it is, then you have to do that for me.

I would like to remind you all that I, an admin of the board, am watching what is going on here on this thread.

That is all.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Dec 3 2008, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 3 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Dec 2 2008, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Anyone who thinks that questioning somebody's sexuality is a legitimate insult is quite blatently an inadequate human being. Your theory, while very interesting, fails on two fronts: firstly, what game would that be a mod of? Nobody has the modding expertise to transform a Football managing game into a Rugby management game - it's too different. Also, the Rugby League fanbase isn't big enough for such a hoax to be worth the maker's while - when he turned around and said: "Ha ha! I was joking", very few people would truely care. Of course it's unprofessional - it's freeware.

Use your reading skills, if you have any.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 4 2008, 05:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Dec 2 2008, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nice and mature[/b]

[/b][/quote]

You said something very stupid (not to mention disrepectful to whoever dedicates their time to making this game), and actually used the term 'lolage' - I think there was plenty of need.

Anyway, I'll cut you a deal. SInce you're so sure of the sense behind what you say, then why don't we have a friendly wager on whether or not this game is real? Since you love your 'rep' so much, then those can be the stakes - if the game isn't released, then I'll take away (if it's possible) the 'neg rep' I gave you. If it is, then you have to do that for me.
[/b][/quote]

ok that is a deal. sorted.

Latest posts