• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League World Cup Edition

S

St Helens RLFC

One of my many sources in the gaming world tells me that SIDHE are going to be releasing this in September:

Rugby League: 2008 World Cup Edition

I can't prove this yet but I wouldn't post it if I didn't think it was likely to be true. It certainly makes a lot of sense. This is NOT a next gen console edition.

Not a next current gen console edition? ****, that sounds pretty stupid if you ask me... I mean, sure the current gen market for a RL game isn't huge, but at this point releasing it on previous gen consoles (which is what they are now) seems like it'd sell even less.

Also heard a whisper RL3 is in development and that it will be next gen but I have absolutely nothing to back that up, I have some evidence for a world cup edition.

Hmmm, interesting. I wonder where the interest for this was sparked? I had begun to think that Sidhe and HES had abandoned the project.
Mind you, the game was No.1 in Aus for a fair while if I remember right, so it's bound to make some money (even if it'll never reach the heights of a FIFA or Madden ***le).

I've a horrible feeling World Cup edition, if true, won't be an adequate step up from RL2.

God I hope you're wrong Dan. RL2 was good fun for its novelty when it first came out, but I actually think I had more fun designing kits than actually playing the game... (I did make a couple nice kits there mind you - including the All Blacks, Wallabies and Srpingoks :) )

So long as the gameplay isn't as horribly disjointed as RL2, this can actually only mean good news.

One of my many sources in the gaming world tells me that SIDHE are going to be releasing this in September:

Rugby League: 2008 World Cup Edition

I can't prove this yet but I wouldn't post it if I didn't think it was likely to be true. It certainly makes a lot of sense. This is NOT a next gen console edition.
[/b]

Bout feckin time. We need a new RL game

Can we see your aforementioned evidence?

[/b]

No - the only evidence I have to give to anyone is a 100% track record with things I post. I only put up things that I am sure are right. The information has been given to me in good faith - I can't say who or why, just passing on what I have been told.

If true, I hope it shows some improvement in gameplay otherwise I may pass until RL3.

hmm not sure what to make of this. I do know SIDHE still have a ps2 version of speed racer to release but beyond that no clue what they are working on.

edit: I am trying to confirm this from a very reliable source very close to SIDHE

I have recieved confirmation from a very close source to SIDHE this is indeed true.

semi-related

rumors of other sidhe projects are gripshift 2 and another movie based game.

To be fair to SIDHE this is an ideal chance for them to make another Rugby League game. I hope they make good their chance and make some little tweaks to it to improve it.

I'm glad esoj can back me up but there was never any doubt what I was told was right. I just hope SIDHE work with their fans instead of against them as their PR with RL2 was nigh on catastrophic.

Well news would want to come quick as world cup is in October
Its gotto be next gen……..
Regardless if its crap I will put my hard earned on anything to help them make it better and evolve into a masterpiece
Next gen pls â€" my ps2 is under 1cm of dust â€" I am too lazy to trade it in
OMG â€" epic news

i was of that opinion AK47, buy it even if its not so crash hot to help them out, but these days i only have a 360 to play games on (my PC is as slow as a ballsack) so unless they release on original xbox and its backwards compatible (and its not released 6 months after PS2) i dont have that option.

Thinking about it overnight, I remembered about the Rugby 08 launch news, where nothing much filtered out until about 4 months before release. This could be good news perhaps?

Latest posts