• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Management Project

Without meaning to put a downer on things, your idea sounds an awful lot like what is already available at teamer.net

Would there be any major differences in your approach?

Thanks for the reply,

I have looked at teamer, and yes it has similarities, although mines aimed at purely at rugby players. It will include some features that teamer has, although i am looking at taking these further in terms of a managers role.

As i said above, the clubs get to interact with each other (This could include maybe 3,4 or 5 teams within a club). Having some kind of blogging system that they could use. Another feature that would be implemented is something on the lines of trading players between your club. For example: Sometimes the Senior A's need players from Senior B's just because there playing good at the time etc. So managers would be able to offer players for different games.

Injuries would be another feature, allowing the manager to report injuries and making them not available for games in the upcoming weeks.

Any other ideas would be much appreciated. This could include online features or ideas on how the iPhone could help the manager.

Cheers
Browny

That's actually not a bad idea.

If it's not already implemented in teamer, maybe some sort of mapping API (openlayers, openstreetmap, or google) integrated (with some location points for rugby clubs etc) for quick directions.

Thanks mate,

So yeah its got a few different features, although at the same time some of the original ones that already exsist. This iw where i want to improve on some of them and make them better.

So your talking about integrating a mapping system. For example, if i create a fixture, i could enter the address where the game is played and it would come up via google maps etc?

Cheers

Browny are you who I think it is?

Tim Brown....

He was in uni a year or so ago, I'd assume he still is, so it all adds up.

Could see a lot of use to the mapping system, it can get very finicky organising away games when everyone's making their own way.

Thanks mate,

So yeah its got a few different features, although at the same time some of the original ones that already exsist. This iw where i want to improve on some of them and make them better.

So your talking about integrating a mapping system. For example, if i create a fixture, i could enter the address where the game is played and it would come up via google maps etc?

Cheers
Yeah pretty much.

Though it should only be simple. Something like each club being assigned a coordinate within say Google Maps; so when a game is released for schedule, players/coaches can quickl;y click on directions (from their originating club to their destination), assuming it's an away game.

Latest posts