• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Movies

Rich Taff

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Cardiff
OK, I'm posting this at just past midnight on a Saturday Night, so ideas may be slightly alcoholically influenced.

I can only think of three rugby based movies. Grand Slam, Invictus and Forever Strong. (not counting 'alive').

I've been thinking of writing a screen play on something for a while now (I'm acting qualified, have assisted teaching classes at RADA etc).

I was wondering if we could come up with a screenplay that can be easily filmed (mobile phones are crazily good nowadays), in multiple countries.

I admit to having no idea yet on the basic story, but figure that if we can all get together, then we can get some kind of script going, and amalgamate the aforesaid footage into something that could be entered into a 'newcomers' category.

I'm off to sleep now, but any (useful) ideas, and willing participants, will be appreciated.

Alive?

Probably not what you are looking for.
Edit, missed your mention of it...

This Sporting Life if you care to include our 13-man brethren.

There's a little-seen Ealing comedy called A Run For Your Money about two Welshmen who go down to London to watch the match at Twickenham, though rugby is very much in the background. There's also a film called 'Old Scores', about the Wales-All Blacks rivalry, though I haven't seen it (It's hard to track down).

On the other point, I recently wrote/directed a short film, and hope to continue to take this further, so would potentially be up for this.

Which is the one when Wales have to replay a game against the all blacks after a linesman confesses on his death bed about a dodgy call he made in a Welsh win?

It's not online as of yet, the editing process is still ongoing, but as and when...

I imagine the film Tallshort is talking about is 'Old Scores', which I haven't seen myself, but am looking to do so once I can find it.

I think the best bet is a team on tour, focusing on the relationships, stress and antics it can bring about. But there is a reason every creative essay I've written is a rip off of some book or film I've experienced.

I demand 60% of said films royalties. :p

Thanks a lot for the interest, I'm pretty sure we can do something really good here.
I've been thinking. We need to do a 'trial run' on something. I'm personally worried about my ability to edit on a 12yr old pc.
I have an idea for the final 'project', but don't want to post it on a public forum.
Excuse the terribly 'bullet point' grammar.
Any more 'ideas' will be appreciated, as I tend to get stuck with one idea in my head, so really appreciate it when I can get other peoples thoughts.

Latest posts