• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Music Modification

FransBotes

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Lions
Oke lets start off with a new Music Change Tutorial.

You will be needing the following programs:

wimpditt
BigGui

I already compiled a zip with these files in and uploaded it here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/8guKz71V/Sound_Mod.html

Lets Start, once you extracted the programs and have everything in order lets begin.

First we are going to use BigGui to open the Music.big file.

Included in the folder are the a31ccba307ab5bb8c53e91ebeba0bb90.xml EA Rugby uses to read the music.
You don't need to extract it from the Data.gob for it is already included, just modify the file and put
in your Rugby's Root Folder.

Now lets start:
Open a31ccba307ab5bb8c53e91ebeba0bb90.xml in Notepad.
Rugby will only read the Tracks included in this file, so if you remove
6 songs and change the Trax Count to 4, it will only read 4 tracks.

Keep this open for we will be getting back to it.

Now Open BigGui and open the Music.big file located in your Rugby/Music Folder.
It doesn't matter if you add new files here, i would advice not to remove the files
and only add new ones.

So far you should have the music.big file open, and the a31ccba307ab5bb8c53e91ebeba0bb90.xml.

Now open the program wimpditt included in the archive above. Use the program to
convert songs to the EA .asf file format.

Once the music file e.g .wav or so are converted to .asf you could start adding the songs
to the game.

Import the new converted songs into your Music.big. [edit -> import]

Once you imported all the songs you should close wimpditt, and BigGui.
Reopen the Music.big in BigGui just to be sure all the files are imported.
Keep it open to lookup the exact filenames. THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Now go back to the a31ccba307ab5bb8c53e91ebeba0bb90.xml file already open.

Use the following as your default for every song:

<trak filename="" artist="" ***le="" album="" country="RSA" countryID="1" canBeFirstToPlay="1"></trak>

under the trak filename put in the exact filename for your new file e.g. "LinkinPark_Catalyst" the .asf is not needed.

Now change the artist and ***le like you want it also album.

When you are done adding all the new songs, count the amount of songs in your file.
Then change the Traxx Count number to the songs counted number.

This should be It, remember to change the Traxx count value and the exact filename.

Put the new a31ccba307ab5bb8c53e91ebeba0bb90.xml in your Rugby08 root folder.

ENJOY

Ok, I made all this new steps, but it didn't work. But I think that my problem is in converting songs.
I import "Thunderstruck" file name Tunderstruck.asf and looks like this in the xml:
<traxx count="1">

<trak filename="Thunderstruck" artist="ACDC" ***le="Thunderstruck" album="The Razors Edge" country="RSA" countryID="1" canBeFirstToPlay="1"></trak>

</traxx>

But when I open the game it looks like its playing the song but nothing sound. Yes, I have the track select and the volume at max.
Then I close the game and rename that line to:
<traxx count="1">

<trak filename="di" artist="ACDC" ***le="Thunderstruck" album="The Razors Edge" country="RSA" countryID="1" canBeFirstToPlay="1"></trak>

</traxx>
If you see, I put the filename of one default song of the game. Open the game again, and now it look like it's playing Thunderstruck by ACDC from The Razors Edge album, but sound that stupid default song that sounds like s**t.

So, I imagine that you think like me, that the problem its in the "converting songs" step.

What I do to convert a song is:
-open wimpditt
-select to file to convert
-select the output folder(desktop)
-don't touch reverb and crop, it still like default (Reverb=0, Crop=Deselected)
-Click to import and wait
-open music.big and edit>import the new song(Thunderstruck.asf) from desktop
-edit the xml and add the new song line (see above)
-open the game and the song advert apears (left down) say me that Tunderstruck is sounding (but no...)

I convert the files from .mp3 to .asf, Should I convert the mp3 to another format before convert it to .asf? example; mp3>wav>asf?

Really dont have any idea of why it dont sound the files I import, only the default ones...

Do you have any Idea??

Thank you very much...

thanks for the information, but i have some problems when i try to add more than one song...so my question is how do i fix that?
especially in the country ID and canBeFistToPlay spaces

<traxx count="1">

<trak filename="Thunderstruck" artist="ACDC" ***le="Thunderstruck" album="The Razors Edge" country="RSA" countryID="1" canBeFirstToPlay="1"></trak>

</traxx>

Damn, I didn't thought to download another converter...what a mistake!
Maybe it will work! Going to give it a try and I will let you know ;)

Thank you very much!

Regards

thanks for the information, but i have some problems when i try to add more than one song...so my question is how do i fix that?
especially in the country ID and canBeFistToPlay spaces

<traxx count="1">

</traxx>

Hi, could you give me more details, add more than one song?
Doesnt the music play with the current config e.g ACDC song and only the one song?

It doensn't work...
I've download six or sever mp3 to asf converters but it still without sound...
Don't know what to do, only one thing:

If someone have his music modificated, please send one song to download and I will import it to my music.big. If it sounds in one game, it will sound in all...
That's the only thing I can think...

Regards

Can you play the .asf files on your computer before adding to biggui?

No I can't. Do you think that codecs could be the problem?
If the game plays his own .asf files, why not mines? That's what I think...but maybe my computer need codecs to play .asf files?
Don't know, but if you know some site were I can find those codecs, please let e know ;)

Thank you.

That link that you post there is a .rar file that contains those files:
MPG4C32.dll
mpg4ds32.ax
MPG4VKI

My question is where must I place those files.

No, it doesn't work. I dont know what to do now so I'll turn off the music and wait for a new rugby game...

Thanks anyway and keep the good work.

Regards

It worked perfectly for me. I installed the codecs before trying it, but I don't know if that helped.

My .xml file is the same that Intercept King put in TRF Rugby 10 patch...

Latest posts