Rugby Nations 09

Discussion in 'General Gaming Chat' started by Cymro, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Cymro

Cymro Guest

<div align='center'>[​IMG]</div>

The gentleman’s game is here on iPhone. Experience the speed, the power, the aggression and the glory of the great game. Take charge of your team and guide them to victory in the World’s greatest Rugby tournaments. Will you play with the physicality of South Africa or the nimbleness of Wales? The choice is yours!

EASY TO PLAY
    Using a mixture of touch-screen and accelerometer controls, the game is easy to pick up and play. You’ll quickly be having fun and winning matches.

YOU’RE IN CONTROL
    Pass, sprint, tackle, kick your way up the pitch precious inch by precious inch until you go for the try or drop goal. Convert every try with an accurate swipe of the ball.
    Players run, tackle, pass and dive for the try line with smooth animation.

YOUR TEAM
    Take control of a team of 15 players. Choose from ten of the world’s best national teams and guide them to glory.

YOUR TOURNAMENT
    Guide your team to victory in six-nations, tri-nations or world cup tournaments.
    Play takes place in four stadiums from around the world.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iikfGDsIB-Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iikfGDsIB-Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I have the game and I will review it ...

First impressions are one of if you have an iPhone or iTouch .... GET IT!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. toup

toup Guest

Looks promising... how much was it on the app store?

4. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

AWESOME! Why did i get the Nokia 5800 instead? ARGH!

5. Cymro

Cymro Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Jun 11 2009, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    £2.99 I think

6. man007

man007 Guest

The graphics looks like it was made on 2000

7. Thingimubob

Thingimubob Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (man007 @ Jun 11 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    It is the iPhone though, can't expect it to be PS3/Xbox 360 quality I guess. I'm considering buying an iPod touch just for this game :p

8. Cymro

Cymro Guest

Tell you what this game is plain awesome, a few tweaks here and there and we have a great game!

9. candybum

candybum Guest

RUgby 08 eat your heart out! haha

10. esoj

esoj Guest

who would have thought the next decent rugby game comes out on the dam iphone/itouch of all things. if only I had an iphone/itouch.

11. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Jun 11 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Does it go on other mobiles??? like this

[​IMG]

12. esoj

esoj Guest

looks like it is just iphone/itouch only going by the dev's site. they seem to be able to do all mobile platforms though but I guess they are just focusing on the iphone/itouch to get more sales/money.

http://www.distdevs.co.uk/newweb/rugbynations09.htm

13. Wally

Wally Guest

How hard would it be to make a JLR app? That would kill it.

14. Something tells me this won't be following the 'Convert iPhone Apps to DSiWare' trend...

15. Blackie252

Blackie252 Member

Catterick, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Sale

Its not just on iphones, i downloaded it from the android market place for my sony ericson x10

16. TRF_Olyy

TRF_Olyy English Arrogance

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Sale

It's not coming up in my android market?

Edit: Scrap that, just googled it and found the square barcode thing
    Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  17. ORothlain

ORothlain Official Plastic Paddy

Country Flag:

United States

Club or Nation:

Ulster

Wow...looks like a good time killer...I'm going to download it later and give it a go! Wooop!

18. ORothlain

ORothlain Official Plastic Paddy

Country Flag:

United States

Club or Nation:

Ulster

Loving this game. It's simple and a lot of fun. Great time waster, and nice job for creating an iphone based rugby game. Now they need to add the scrum and line out and it'd be legit...haha.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!