• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Nations 13 game – testers required!

Distinctivegame

<span class="verified">Verified Account</span>
Rugby Nations 13

Hey Everyone!

We want your opinion on our rugby game RN13. It's a mobile game which we developed with professional rugby players and features key tournaments (such as 6 Nations), challenges, team management and the ability to show off skills in all areas of the game. You can watch a trailer video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?<wbr style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; border-top-left-radius: 0px !important; border-top-right-radius: 0px !important; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px !important; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px !important;">v=c_acczqcAYA&list=<wbr style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; border-top-left-radius: 0px !important; border-top-right-radius: 0px !important; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px !important; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px !important;">UUlmVO2X1lSQkeTZDqGsGzxg

The game is available on the App Store at http://bitly.com/rn13apple - for the Mac at http://bit.ly/RN13Mac and on Google Play at http://bit.ly/rugby13android

Geoff (TRF_Fullback) suggested that you guys were an ideal audience. We would therefore love to give away 10 free copies of the game on iOS in return for you sharing your thoughts and feedback on the game. Please note: These free codes are available only on iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad).

If you’re interested then please reply to this thread, tell us what device you're using, and we’ll contact you via the forum’s private messaging system. We’re working on first come first served, so apologies in advance if you miss out.

Last edited:
Rugby? Game?

I'm in, please!

I have a Nexus 7 (2013) tablet and a Galaxy Note 2 - I am happy to test it on whichever device you would prefer.

Last edited:
C'mon gents, personal experience of the game is that it is a mighty fine product for a handheld game.

Plus I did feature in the game some while back in the Welsh team.

I'm in! Always want to support any rugby game!

Edit: I'm using an iPhone 5

Last edited:
I'm interested but my mobile is a bit old. I have the Rugby Nations 2011 in my mobile and the game works great. Send me a message, please.

The game is very fun but could improve on some things. For example: The Scrum. In Rugby Nations 2011 it's impossible to win a scrum, your opponent always makes you go back in the scrum.

Another thing, your opponent always makes you back many meters in the scrum, usually makes you go back about 10 meters, that's impossible to happen in reality.

Another thing, computer should be a tougher opponent. Like I said, I play the game every day on my mobile and use the highest level (Hard) and more time (8 minutes) and almost always I win. It's assumed that at that level, beating teams like All Blacks or Springboks must be very very difficult. And I've beaten those teams with weak teams like Japan or Russia. That's not credible, you should improve it.

And what about the clubs? You plan to include clubs and others competitions like Heineken Cup and Super Rugby? Because now we can only play 3 Competitions: RWC, Tri Nations and Six Nations.

Cheers

Last edited:
I'll happily give it a go, I'm using a Galaxy S3 at the moment.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your messages! We are only able to provide sample codes for iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad) at the moment so our deepest apologies for the Android users out there, as Google Play does not have a system in place as yet to allow us to do this. If you would like a code for your iOS device, we have a few left so drop us a PM and we'll send you the code. Thanks in advance for your thoughts, everyone!

Cheers,
Jo @ Distinctive

Hi Conrad,

Thanks for your message and feedback! We have built the new game from ground up and hopefully addressed the issues players reported to us with RN11, including scrums your mention here and we have also balanced the teams. In RN13 we have new cups Pacific Cup, 4 Nations and Americas Cup. We also have new Challenges as well as a Conversions mode. We are certainly looking into other competitions as well but have no news on those as yet. The unfortunate thing is that new graphics require quite a lot of power from the devices so some older Android devices are not supported.

Cheers,
Jo @ Distinctive

Hi Conrad,

Thanks for your message and feedback! We have built the new game from ground up and hopefully addressed the issues players reported to us with RN11, including scrums your mention here and we have also balanced the teams. In RN13 we have new cups Pacific Cup, 4 Nations and Americas Cup. We also have new Challenges as well as a Conversions mode. We are certainly looking into other competitions as well but have no news on those as yet. The unfortunate thing is that new graphics require quite a lot of power from the devices so some older Android devices are not supported.

Cheers,
Jo @ Distinctive

Other reviews about Rugby Nations 2011:

Scrum: There should be an option in which the number eight can up from the scrum and run with the ball, that's quite common in real life and is an option that doesn't exist in the game. The scrum half should also be able to get the ball and run with the ball from the scrum. Now the only option available is: "Scrum half passes the ball from the scrum", that's not real.

Scrum-half: This player should be able to get involved in the rucking, usually the only thing he does is wait for them to get the ball, if the scrum half is the first to reach the rucking, he should be involved in the rucking and another player do his homework. This is something that can't happen in the game, the only player who can get the ball out of the rucking is the scrum half and in real life is not always so. If the scrum half is on the ground, another player must be able to do his job.

Try: Another flaw of the game, when a player steps on the ingoal, he throws himself to the ground to make a try. That's false, it is not always so. There should be an option in which to choose when your player will jump to the ground, in real life a player always tries to jump to the ground as close to the post.

Try: How to jump for a try is always the same. As Chris Ashton, "Splash". Should there be different ways to jump on the ingoal, some players when they themselves are alone on the ingoal, just support the ball in the ingoal.

Kicks: Only I have to say it should be equal to your app: "Rugby Kicks":

140218024324915480.jpg

I don't understand why the kicks are of lower quality in "Rugby Nations" compared to "Rugby Kicks".

Difficulty: All Blacks, Wallabies and Springboks should be unbeatable in the hard mode, now you can easily beat them, even in the most difficult level.

Wingers: They should be faster, can't be in a game where they run alone, a hooker or a prop can reach them.

Reviews players:

English Fly-half: Right now the English fly-half is black, that is something never seen before. Whenever the English fly-half was white: Wilkinson, Toby Flood, Owen Farrell, George Ford and others. Generally the English wingers are black, but never a fly-half.

South African Fly-Half: Here the same I said about English fly-half

Welsh kicker: Now the Welsh kicker is the fly-half, but in real life is the fullback (15, Leigh Halfpenny)

French kicker: Now is a wing (number 11). The French kicker should be the fly-half or the scrum-half, France don't have a wing that is highlighted by kicking. I remember James O'Connor in Wallabies a few years ago, but that never happened in France.

Cheers

Last edited:
Conrad you do realise this is a different game they have built?

Conrad you do realise this is a different game they have built?

Yeah, I know but until I try the new game I can't know. Then I make my recommendations from the previous game. Some may adapt to the new game, some don't but it's always good to talk to the game developer.

Cheers

Beat NZ 35-3 in a quick match. Figuring out the controls right now, I'm pretty much mauling everything or sprinting out wide. Thanks for the game, I'll give you a better overview soon!

Latest posts